Procrastination problems

ze kink

THE BLACK WIZARDS
Does anyone else here have epic problems with procrastination? Fucking sucks. I've been trying to finish this album I'm mixing for two weeks, and it paradoxically feels like a huge effort to do it when it really isn't. I'm also having problems with practicing guitar and writing songs, which as well sucks quite a bit.

And if anyone knows a way to fix this shit, please do tell :lol:

Also feel free to rant about the subject.

Procrastination is like masturbation, it feels good, but in the end you're only screwing yourself.

Quoted for truth :cry:

Does anyone else here have epic problems with procrastination? Fucking sucks. I've been trying to finish this album I'm mixing for two weeks, and it paradoxically feels like a huge effort to do it when it really isn't. I'm also having problems with practicing guitar and writing songs, which as well sucks quite a bit.

And if anyone knows a way to fix this shit, please do tell :lol:

Also feel free to rant about the subject.

I often have this problem with playing guitar. It gives me the shits because it's something that I often enjoy more than most things in the world. It gets the worst when I get to a point where I want to improve alot and start to push too much. Then I start going backwards instead of forwards.
Just set yourself a goal and try to work towards it, even in small amounts if need be.
I know that I sometimes feel as though it's a huge effort to get started, but once I do I can't take myself away from it.

it's a constant struggle for me. I have screwed myself a few times by procrastinating. I may order that book.

Im gonna be buying this book when I get my pay, I procrastinate a shit load with everything except guitar. I'll aimlessly press F5 on these stupid forums and on facebook just looking for something new to stare at and eventually F5 all over again :lol:.

edit: im having a look inside that book on amazon, and I tick so many of those boxes :\

a little OCD?

possibly, I just wish sometimes that the internet was never invented, I probably actually use it for important things on average about 30 minutes a day and spend literally about 5 hours on it just youtubing and wasting copious amounts of time. Like I said the only thing I can nail down is guitar, I can meticulously go through a billion chords in different inversions in all keys for hours but I can't do that for anything else really