production info

papaloidflook

New Metal Member
Apr 1, 2003
hello,

anyone know any info about the details on the production of Brave Murder Day and For Funerals To Cum?

i mainly want to know about the guitar effects...what pedals/racks/processors etc were used to get those hypnotic and dreamlike atmospherics on those two albums..

if people cant be bothered to type...i would very much appreciate even a link to a site that can tell me this info...i wish their site was like the Opeth site which tells u everything about waht equipment was used on each album...

thanks for ur time...

someone MUST know something about katatonias production methods or at least what equipment e.g fx processors etc they use to achieve their sound...

thanks for ur time... u cum drinking bum children....no offence...

Anders would know... and he posts here too.

pm him or something... or just try and grab his attention on the forum... his handle is Blakkheim

papaloidflook said:
hello,

anyone know any info about the details on the production of Brave Murder Day and For Funerals To Cum?

i mainly want to know about the guitar effects...what pedals/racks/processors etc were used to get those hypnotic and dreamlike atmospherics on those two albums..

if people cant be bothered to type...i would very much appreciate even a link to a site that can tell me this info...i wish their site was like the Opeth site which tells u everything about waht equipment was used on each album...

thanks for ur time...

lets see...guitar effects... fftc... BOSS MT-2 metalzone and BOSS DD-3 digital delay pedals into an old Marshall JCM800 w/ Vintage 4/12 Cabinet. guitar used on this recording was a white Paul Chandler Custom who belonged to mike of opeth.

bmd... same old amp with a BOSS DS-1 distortion + a BOSS OD-1 overdrive pedals and as always the digital delay pedal. i cant remember what guitar was used on here, but it was some blue:ish strat like guitar laying around Unisound.

i think the "dreamlike and hypnotic atmosperics" lay mostly in the creative use of the delay pedal and of course the music itself.

A Stranger said:
im never happy with anything my boss ds1 does. i use a line 6 uber metal distortion pedal now.

I bought a Boss OD-20 Twin pedal a few years ago. never looked back.
My MT2 Metal Zone is gathering dust now...

ESTIOZ said:
Nice thread.. it's cool to know what gear and effects ppl are using on record!

I got a Boss GT-6 .. it realy rocks!
i dunno about single pedal . got 1 or 2 long time ago .. but you can't do as much as multi effects

:headbang:

the sound quality on single effects is usually better. although those boss gt6's are excellent! when i have money i will buy one

Shit man...i wasnt expecting to get my info straight from the horses mouth....thank you so much Anders for satisfying my curiousity...

if only the masses knew of the talent which resides in Katatonia...however i do really enojy the fact that its almost a masonic secret hehehe only accessible to those who arent tone deaf and whom have the highest of standards when it comes to creative musicianship!

the first time i heard katatonia i quickly fell into a trance and soon into a deep sleep and dreamt some weird shit...like at one point in it i was being force fed prunes by an ugly troll in my own kitchen...and because i resisted he pushed my face over a toaster which was on but with no bread on it....toasting my face....eventually i submitted to the ugly cunt and ate the juicy prune...

i think this is substantial evidence of the potency of katatonias music....no?

jptk said:
the sound quality on single effects is usually better. although those boss gt6's are excellent! when i have money i will buy one

agreed. the individual pedals are often better than the multi ones, most significantly the BOSS distortions.

me and fred has been using the GT-3's forever now. we skipped the GT-6 but will upgrade straight to the GT-8 soon.

what is still unknown to me is what studio gear was used whilst in the studio...because the gt-3 and all these individual pedals all sound great for us flids at home...but what happens when u compare the best boss delay pedal to the best professional audio studio delays...u know what im talking about...the racks of outboard FX...surely what we are hearing is those £1000 rack FX and not £100 pedals....or am i completely wrong?