Profire 6262 Windows 10

J.Lindmann

Jan 8, 2014
Hey guys,

I recently switched over from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Then I realized that there are no Windows 10 drivers for my Profire 6262 so I had a try with the Windows 7/8 drivers.
The profire acutally is working with those drivers but only for a minute or so.
After that it just stops working.
Wenn I restart the profire I most likely end up with an blue screen or in some cases it is operational again...for another minute.

It worked perfectly fine with Windows 7 though.
I already tried different Firewire cards (texas instruments chipset) but to no avail.

Anyone of you encountered the same problem?
Has anyone figured something out to remedy that problem?

I'm using my 2626 since day one of win10 on my late 2011 MacBook Pro "13 and my new pic for which I bought FireWire PCI card and my second PC with built in FireWire.
I'm using same win 7/8 drivers.
I had problems with MacBook since it have 9pin input and I had to use adapters which fails after week or something (on 6pin side - using 6 to 9 pin adapter). But using adapter cable works grate.

My guess is that maybe you have some problems with cable. I had same issue and at start thought that was drivers and after long time I figured it out that connection pins fails to make connection.

Last edited:
If it was the cable that is causing the problems, why would it workperfeectly with windows 7?
But anyway...I definitely will try another cable.

I don't see why it wouldn't. I just recently got Audient ID14 for having the option to run all my 2626 on a laptop without firewire.
I didn't have opportunity to do it but I'll give a try on ADAT out A/B tomorrow.

It were great if you found the time to check if the channels 9-24 appear as accessible channels in your DAW. No need to actually attach converters to the ADAT ports, I guess.

I just picked up a 2626 after having a 610 for forever. No issues here with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. I'd say go into your audio devices and disable every device/driver that isn't your Profire and see if that changes anything. I can be a guinea pig for you if you want to compare any settings I might have

Reactions: bryan_kilco
I had the exact same thing with the one Fast Track Ultra 8r I use, what worked was trying older drivers believe it or not, the latest (non Win 10 supported) drivers would cause the sound to stop working constantly and often bsod for no reason (even when turning the unit off)

I'm running on driver build 5.10.0.5084 released 6/3/2013. You can find this in Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers -> Right click Profire 2626 and select properties

Same issues here on Win10, a profire 610 and the 5.10.0.5084 drivers. I'd bought a new motherboard/cpu/RAM combo a year or so back and it didn't have a firewire port so I bought a FW card and am using the last drivers they released. I dont reallt get random failures but every time I turn my PC on i have to push the profire power button off, then back on to get it to work. Then if I'm recording, if I change the buffer as I'm using the DAW, even if nothing is armed to record, I get BSODs.

Anyone recommend a proven, working driver? I may just dump this box for something newer and USB, maybe a MOTU 828 if those don't have issues with damn drivers and windows...like most hardware seems to with Win10.

I have no issues and windows see all 26 outputs. Only if you need to use it for skype or OBS than you need to set Windows recording device properties for 2 inputs (1st & 2nd input)

Never understood the 26 i/o with this. It physically has 8 ins and outs, but assuming the 26 is digital outs? I own a 2626 but got it used so never read the manual or anything.

Well, I just did a full Windows 7 reinstall and got my Profire driver, the mixer window sees audio but no sound at all from my speakers. This is frustrating.