Prog anyone?

How 'bout Atomic Rooster, Amon Duul, Amon Duul II, Spocks Beard, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Magma, Van Der Graaf Generator, King Crimson, Aphrodite's Child, even early Genesis?

Yes and Camel are probably some of my favorite bands. I have 3 Camel LP's and 6 Yes LP's + 3 LP's from Rick Wakeman (the keyboard dude from Yes). I also have 2 Emerson, Lake & Palmer records, but I rarely listen to them. I don't even know if I wanna keep them, as they're a bit too much of crazy experiments than good songs IMO! I think they're a bit more acid than prog. I also have 3 records by Emerson's old band The Nice, but I consider them acid rock! A lot of their stuff is too weird as well, but they have a couple of good songs. I also have 3 Rush LP's. I haven't heard them that much, but I plan on doing so soon. I recall them as being pretty good though!
I like prog. metal, but doesn't really have that much of it. I have "Images & words" by Dream Theater and Behind the Curtain (Danish band)'s demo. I also just bought "Disconnected" by Fates Warning at a library sale, but after one listen it sounded pretty crappy! I also have their "No exit" LP, but have only heard the first two songs, which sounded crappy as well!

Rush, Yes, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Emerson Lake And Palmer, Early Jethro Tull, Early Genesis, Rick Wakeman, Utopia, Nektar, Still Life, Gracious, Camel, Hawkwind, Spring, Cressida, Focus, Chris Squire, Soft Machine, Premiata Forneria Marconi, Van Der Graaf Generator, Eloy, Caravan, Tangerine Dream, Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Arcturus, and many more. :D

Well many people see me as a bit of a prog fan and judging by some of the gigs they could have a point. I prefer to think of that as just a facet I'm interested in though and you'll find a variety of gig reviews from the last few years at

http://rockreviews.co.uk/

Bands covered include the aforementioned Nice, plus Pallas, John Wetton, Qango, John young, Fish, Focus ... and more rocky fare such as Deep Purple, Dio, Saxon (the O/D version) among many others

YES
King Crimson
Dixie Dregs
Aquarium Rescue Unit
Kansas
Los Lobotomys
The Bears
(early) Genesis
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush
Peter Gabriel
Marillion
Fish (solo)