Prog nation tour Boston gig role call

I don't know if I'm just bullshitting this or not, but I think I recall reading something that the sets were something like:

3- 30 minutes
BTBAM- 45 minutes
Opeth- 1 hour
Dream Theater- ???

Anyone else heard anything similar?

When I saw the Allman Brothers at the Orpheum back in the '90's, it sounded pretty freaking good. But they didn't really push the limits of the sound system, which may be entirely different now for all I know. Oh, actually think I saw Barenaked Ladies there a few years ago (let's just say that my wife will be grudgingly coming to this show...got me?) and the sound was good. But again, a lot more easy on the sound system than Opeth.

Yeah, I've heard horror stories about that place. I bunch of my students went to see Type O Negative there and said the feedback and sound quality was so bad they couldn't hear Pete Steele singing. What a bunch of shit.

I heard most of the venues this tour are seated. Guess I'm lucky, my ticket is standing room only....the PIT!

The palladium's sound quality is... well, let's just say "palladium", "sound", and "quality" do not belong in the same sentence.

Indrid,

I recently moved to MA a couple of years ago from Long Island, NY, so I haven't had the pleasure (or displeasure) of going there. I'm 27 with only coworkers, not too many friends, and I really don't like going to shows by myself. Did it once (Slayer) and I felt like a tool. I'm forcing my wife to go to Prog Nation.

Hi everyone!
First time posting here .. or any board in a long time for that matter.
I have many failed attempts over the years in trying to see Opeth live .. had tix each time.. but had a string of bad luck with cars etc. Anyway I will be making another attempt to go Tues. and I work 30 seconds from there so I don't really foresee too many obstacles in my way this time lol .. Anyone hitting the local pubs? I am cutting out of work early for a couple beers while I wait for my boyfriend to make the drive up from the South Shore.

P.S. If you haven't been there before just a friendly warning that their security is ridiculously tight. As I learned a few years ago at the G3 tour. My boyfriend got us kicked out for smoking (but that was in the days when smoking was an unspoken accepted code in most venues (indoor or out) for metal/rock shows apparently just not the Orpheum) .. also their camera policy is in the same manner.. we met a cool European guy that got booted for taking pix..no warning they just kick you out on the spot. But it was their overall approach that bothered me .. they just nabbed my bf up by the arms .. like he was a criminal..so he's a little bitter about returning there but is doing it for me haha
And I think they do allow u to go outside for cigs in between sets.
See you all at the show (smoke free lol), rock on!! :headbang:

It's like that pretty much all over the place these days. Apparently smoking is linked to something called death. Who knew?

Don't really know of any local pubs near the venue. Any suggestions?

orchestra row D, center stage.....i have an extra ticket....

Send me a PM if interested, and if i haven't found someone to go with me by Monday I'll sell it

I'm not sure where there's parking, it's right in the center of Boston, so that will be a problem. I'll be taking the T there. Apparently it's right outside the Park Street T stop which is really in the middle of everything, that stop's literally on the Boston Common.

I'm also taking the T in.

Have any of you guys been to the Orpheum before? I read some reviews on the internet, and it sounds like the show will be starting right at 6:30, as the reviews complimented them for being right on schedule. What time are you guys getting there? Anyone know how they handle admission?

I'm so pumped for this.

I'm not sure where there's parking, it's right in the center of Boston, so that will be a problem. I'll be taking the T there. Apparently it's right outside the Park Street T stop which is really in the middle of everything, that stop's literally on the Boston Common.

Bleh....looks like I'll be leaving early. Boston at that time of day...ugh

~~~

The Orpheum is a cool old place, but the seats are small and the sound is, well: better than the Palladium.

I'm going cuz, well: it's OPETH.

I'm leaving ASAP. (no offence to Dream Theatre fans)

~~~~

I'm taking the T to Park Street. I believe that the Orpheum is right there. I may or may not leave right after Opeth. Anyone know when the last train will leave?