PROG POWER FORUM's OFFICIAL ALBUM OF THE YEAR, 2005!

So far I can only say:

Porcupine Tree's - Deadwing
Opeth's - Ghost Reveries
Redemption's - Fullness of Time

I will be getting the new Riverside shortly along with a couple of others.

you want heavy metal?

Overlorde - Return of the Snow Giant.

Sampling of critic ratings:
HEAVY, ODER WAS?! (Germany) 12/12 and 2nd Place of 73 CDs reviewed in SOUNDCHECK feature
HEADACHE (Holland) 10/10
METAL HAMMER (Italy) 6/6
TERRORIZER (UK) 9/10
SWEDEN ROCK MAGAZINE 9/10
ROCK HARD (Germany) 8.5/10 and 5th place of 41 CDs reviewed in SOUNDCHECK feature
UNRESTRAINED MAGAZINE (Canada) 8/10
METAL HAMMER (Greece) 8/10

and there's many, many more.

Yngvai X said:
so I guess we can vote for 3? I thought just one...

1. Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
2. Kreator - Enemy of God
3. Demons & Wizards - Touched by the Crimson King
Cool, Nevermore is my #1 this year, and Kreator is my #3. My #2 is Scar Symmetry - Symmetric In Design.

Britt

DarkTide said:
Is that the tour that also featured Silent X ?
I don't think they've ever toured together. Both bands are natural headliners - which is appropriate since neither has ever put on a bad show. How many bands can say that?

There's a number of way's to deal with the whole studio project thing - you can not care about the band at all, you can get mad and hate the band for not touring, you can yell at the people who hate the band for it, you can hold out false hopes for something, you can concoct silly excuses or perfectly rational justifications for it, or you can just learn to joke it off. Joking it off seems most healthy. I've got to save up my fuckheadery for other very very very more importanter things.

SwordLord said:
Oh crap, I wanted my first nomination to be Sonata Arctica's RECKONING NIGHT but apparently it came out in late 2004!!! Sheesh, has it been that long?!

Reckoning Night was released in America in 2005, that should count for something!

Nate

Brainstorm - Liquid Monster, I'm a big power metal fan and this was far and away the best power metal album of the year!

Circus Maximus - The 1st Chapter, while I'm not as big a fan of prog, this was a fantastic album and would be my choice for prog album of the year

KAMELOT "the Black Halo" (Mar 2005)
EPICA "consign to oblivion" (Apr. 2005)
SONATA ARCTICA " reckoning night" (Feb 2005)
DARK TRANQUILLITY "character" (Jan 2005)

hey people... do you forget Sonata? or don´t like the last album??

Allen/Lande - The Battle....hands down, no questions asked, stick a fork in it, the fat lady is singing.

Please do not stick a fork in the fat lady while attempting to put her hands down and asking her questions.

For me Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama

Followed closley by Circus Maximus - The 1St Chapter and Kamelot -The Black Halo...

Bear