ProgNation Question...

SerenityNow!

*burp*
Feb 28, 2008
On Top
Well I haven't been able to get to a show, and they just did Boston last night.

(Side note: Mike, please come north of Boston for the next tour like Lowell, MA or Manchester, NH.)

Anyway, I'm just wondering what the general average has been for crowd size, as well as who were the crowd favorites? All biasness aside, how did each band perform? Do you think many DT fans became interested in Opeth?

I guess you may be able to tell by the T-shirt lines. Did you see more Opeth or more DT T-shirts walking around/being purchased?

(Side note #2: Actually Mike, The Asylum or Merrill Auditorium in Portland, ME would be kick-ass places to play!! It's a great stop on the way to Canada! The Asylum is a little small though. Come to think of it, Portsmouth Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH would be another great place!! OK I'm done now.:D)

This thread may or may not have been a petty excuse to beg Mike and Co. to come up a little more north.:Spin:

yo.

well, there were a lot of dt and opeth shirts and a lot of people got the prog nation tees, so that sorta represents all the bands.

there was a huge range of people there... from people clearly into death/black metal, to progsters, to generics, old, young. i was near people who were clearly there for dt and many of them were very much paying attention to opeth, so i think they might have certainly gotten new interest. the mike-portnoy connection at this point has to make dt fans pay attention to opeth...

:)

It was all seated, so the ninjas were trapped, I think.

I was surprised by how many people really seemed to like Opeth. It seemed overwhelming, really. Then DT hit the stage, and I was like, "Oh, okay... There ARE more DT fans here."

I was surprised by how many people really seemed to like Opeth. It seemed overwhelming, really. Then DT hit the stage, and I was like, "Oh, okay... There ARE more DT fans here."

Yeah, it's quite expected. DT's had more exposure for a longer time than Opeth has so far. But the ProgNation tour should definitely turn a number of DT fans onto Opeth.