ProgPower 2013 Lineup Guessing

kingdomgone86

Jan 6, 2010
With the fest coming in very very soon, I figured I'd start the guess list/wish list. I'm surprised no one else did it. I presume there wont be an official one this year, so put your guesses here, I guess. ;)

7 Friday & 6 Saturday. Make your own guesses about what the triple headliner will be.

Friday
1. Headspace
2. Triosphere
3. Cloudscape
4. Lost in Thought
5. Xandria
6. Heavenly
7. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody

Saturday
1. Ne Obliviscaris
2. Golden Resurrection
3. Nightmare
4. Circus Maximus
5. Pagan's Mind
6. Sabaton

Yeah I treated Zod's thread as a who I want to play.

I love the official contest though, even when there's bands I don't like being announced I can get excited "I GUESSED THEM FUCK YEAH :KICKASS:"

i hope there is a official one this year even if there's no prize. its just fun guessing and seeing how well (or awful:ill:) you did during the video announcement.

make this the official one then. I will admit there is an element of "wishlist" in my line up.

Friday
1. Myrath
2. Cloudscape
3. Beardfish
4. Hibria
5. Circus Maximus
6. Pain of Salvation
7. Edguy

Saturday
1. Artizan
2. Sun Caged
3. 3
4. Viper
5. Gamma Ray
6. Avantasia

In order of appearence, hopefully but unlikely

Friday:
1. Powerwolf
2.Theocracy
4.Adagio
5.Wuthering Heights
6.Riverside
7.Threshold

Saturday
1.Panzerballet
2.Hibria
3.Myrath
4.Agalloch
5.Falconer
6. Iced Earth

I just hope we don't get many bands we have already seen. My wish every year is King Diamond. Queensryche's new line up would be doable and interesting with the older set.

My wish every year is King Diamond. Queensryche's new line up would be doable and interesting with the older set.

Both bands have signed major management/booking deals with the big boys. The asking price for either of them for a one-off/festival appearance is now higher than my entire roster budget for a single night.

Both bands have signed major management/booking deals with the big boys. The asking price for either of them for a one-off/festival appearance is now higher than my entire roster budget for a single night.

I guess the rumor of Ryche getting 70K for their appearance at Halfway Jam was probably close to the truth

Weird that neither can alone played larger venue than Masquerade in Atlanta.
Last time King played there it was not maybe half capacity. Last time Queensryche played (Ithink it was last year) with Geoff they played at Masquerade !

Weird that neither can alone played larger venue than Masquerade in Atlanta.
Last time King played there it was not maybe half capacity. Last time Queensryche played (Ithink it was last year) with Geoff they played at Masquerade !

The interest in both bands is definitely higher now with King finally coming back after his surgery and back issues, and as for Ryche, the low attendance last time was probably due more to people being tired of the same old set lists and crappy new material. I suspect the new Ryche will be filling larger venues like Center Stage because of the renewed interest with Todd, although they'll never reclaim the glory days of playing arenas like the Empire days

I'm sure it goes without saying that a tour guarantee would be worlds different than a one off fest appearance too.

I'm sure it goes without saying that a tour guarantee would be worlds different than a one off fest appearance too.

Absolutely. A tour stop at a festival would mean the promoter doesn't need to pay for traveling costs, visas (not that it applies in these two cases), etc. Also, the guarantee is usually lower than if the band was to do a one-off appearance.

I suspect the new Ryche will be filling larger venues like Center Stage because of the renewed interest with Todd, although they'll never reclaim the glory days of playing arenas like the Empire days
I'd be very surprised if this is true. Like all bands of their era, their audience is aging, and consequently, shrinking. People who are 40, go to less shows then when they were 30. Second, they gained a bigger audience from Empire, than the works before it. It wasn't "Take Hold of the Flame" that has kept the paychecks rolling in for the last 20 years, it was "Silent Lucidity". Finally, I suspect there is now less interest in them, not more. How many acts can you name, who were past their prime and grew in popularity by replacing the face of the band?

I'd be very surprised if this is true. Like all bands of their era, their audience is aging, and consequently, shrinking. People who are 40, go to less shows then when they were 30. Second, they gained a bigger audience from Empire, than the works before it. It wasn't "Take Hold of the Flame" that has kept the paychecks rolling in for the last 20 years, it was "Silent Lucidity". Finally, I suspect there is now less interest in them, not more. How many acts can you name, who were past their prime and grew in popularity by replacing the face of the band?

Oh I agree, Empire was the pinnacle of their career and they'll never reach those heights again, but I disagree that the interest is lower I the band now. La Torre has the fans energized and Tate is just alienating himself from the fanbase with his strange behavior. But I guess we'll find out soon enough who is right since they're booking tons of shows as we speak

The interest in both bands is definitely higher now with King finally coming back after his surgery and back issues, and as for Ryche, the low attendance last time was probably due more to people being tired of the same old set lists and crappy new material. I suspect the new Ryche will be filling larger venues like Center Stage because of the renewed interest with Todd, although they'll never reclaim the glory days of playing arenas like the Empire days

I can honestly see King gaining ground, as in gaining new fans, once he gets going again. I just think he has that appeal that younger metal fans are looking for. Plus, he has Metallica pushing him too. Ryche on the other hand is a totally different situation. I just don't see them gaining any new ground at all. Honestly, I think alot of the Tate purist will not support the new Ryche incarnation either. Ryche fans are Eddie Trunk fans and I think Eddie has already glorified Tate as being the one getting screwed.

~Brian~