ProgPower USA VIII: First Band confirmed

Damn right this fucking rules.

I am part of the 95% that was like "...who?" at first, but after hearing the sample, this is awesome stuff. If I had money to spend, I'd probably buy their first CD. Hell, I probably will buy it soon, but I gotta get some gold coins first.

Cool. I bought their first disc a little while ago as a blind buy and I'm glad I did. I really like the CD and I'm now really looking forward to their new one.

Wow, I'm really digging on these guys, can't wait to hear more of 'em.

"Finally Me" is AWESOME. Very melodic. :kickass:

"Flies & Lies. WAY Heavy, not my cup of tea really. Like the chorus though.

Missed the boat at Laser's Edge, but just ordered a copy on eBay. There were several left at $10 incl. shipping.

Mixed clean and extreme vox? I'm there. :)

Is this the "oddball" band for this year, or can we expect more amazingness? :D

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag early
on this one, Glenn! These guys are great!

The vocals on Rolling Chances are nicely placed and just heavy
enough to satisfy my extreme metal cravings.

Finally Me has a wonderful feel with the keys ala HIM.

Flies & Lies is a masterpiece of aggression and beautiful
harmonies in one. Kinda like Amorphis :) I sure can't wait to hear this one live!

I am glad to know that so many people are liking this band. I picked up their only album a little while back when I heard of them from that Royal Hunt tour that got canceled in Europe. They were supposed to open with Secret Sphere I think. Anyway this band kicks ass and I glad that I will be seeing them next year.

Glenn: Fri or Sat, 1 or 2?

not too change the topic but when did Arise Records fold??? Did I blink...they put out some of the best stuff.....bummer. That explains why I cant find the last Arwen CD anywhere then.

I will check out Raintime once I can get to a computer that has faster speed and speakers.

Diabolik said:
not too change the topic but when did Arise Records fold??? Did I blink...they put out some of the best stuff.....bummer. That explains why I cant find the last Arwen CD anywhere then.

I will check out Raintime once I can get to a computer that has faster speed and speakers.

Which Arwen are you talking about? If you're talking about Memories of a Dream, you can find it on the endrecords, that one and the one before. I ordered my copy some time ago, but I'm sure they still have it.

Fucking awesome! I picked up their CD sometime last year, and I loved it. I researched the band, and it said they had broken up, which made me sad... But now, not only are they releasing a new album, they're coming to ProgPower!

EXCELLENT!

Harvester said:
Before you comment, please listen to all three tunes to get an idea of their sound. This is going to be a curveball to a few of you that were expecting Circus Maximus Part II.
I listened to all three tunes. The music itself is fine. The twee-ness of the keyboards saves it from being run-of-the-mill boring power metal. The clean vocals sound like Stephen Pearcy and the guitar solos sounds like Warren Demartini. I have to admit that I'm never been too keen on death vocals, and the quantity here is a bit too much and too up-front in the mix for my liking.

So, it's Ratt but they're playing power metal, and they've stolen Mike Score from A Flock of Seagulls and a random death barker. A cool combination that would have been better for me without the barking.

Joe

Joe-× said:
I listened to all three tunes. The music itself is fine. The twee-ness of the keyboards saves it from being run-of-the-mill boring power metal. The clean vocals sound like Stephen Pearcy and the guitar solos sounds like Warren Demartini. I have to admit that I'm never been too keen on death vocals, and the quantity here is a bit too much and too up-front in the mix for my liking.

So, it's Ratt but they're playing power metal, and they've stolen Mike Score from A Flock of Seagulls and a random death barker. A cool combination that would have been better for me without the barking.

Joe
Best post ever