ProgPower USA XII Picture Thread

HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm glad this photo is doing the rounds and making people laugh rather than disturbing you ;)

Just add alcohol huh??

And then there was the photo of some Finns a few years back. Similar theme, but with and added element that made it unfit for the forum. :devil: Yes, alcohol inspire some awesome photographic moments.

Hey Ambr! I'm using an older Canon Rebel XTI with a 70-300 Zoom Lens. I think what helps is the built-in image stabilization in the lens itself. Since Glenn won't let me use a tripod/monopod/cane/umbrella or sleeping fan's head for support, this is the best I can do. For every decent pic I've got more than a handful of blurry ones... trust me :bah: I could probably find the model number if you were interested.

I sit right behind the soundboard about 3-5 rows up every year so I can try and get some decent shots. There's plenty more on the way with time permitting. And I do appreciate all the shots from the rail. I don't have the energy for that kind of work!

ProgPowerXII159.jpg

ProgPowerXII147.jpg

Ok so most of my performance pictures suck this year... its what I get for being in the seats. But just wanted to show what Cameden & Seven Kingdoms got/are getting. I was improvising and got them to sign my recording class/music theory notebook cover which is what they're holding. Soon as I was ready to take the shot camera turns off and I'm like: "Don't you dare die on me now!!!!" And sure enough I had enough battery left to take this shot.

img0829dw.jpg

Hey Ambr! I'm using an older Canon Rebel XTI with a 70-300 Zoom Lens. I think what helps is the built-in image stabilization in the lens itself. Since Glenn won't let me use a tripod/monopod/cane/umbrella or sleeping fan's head for support, this is the best I can do. For every decent pic I've got more than a handful of blurry ones... trust me :bah: I could probably find the model number if you were interested.

I sit right behind the soundboard about 3-5 rows up every year so I can try and get some decent shots. There's plenty more on the way with time permitting. And I do appreciate all the shots from the rail. I don't have the energy for that kind of work!
I'm a Nikon user but was curious as to the length of your lens. Yep, the longer ones do suffer from motion blur. I'm allowed two songs in front of the barrier but that's a mixed bag. Nice to be in close, but it's hard to get group or drummer shots and the equipment in front gets in the way. Not to mention it's very crowded. I like to try to get a few from the crowd later in the set, but I usually don't bring my big lenses. Too much weight to carry all night.

Here's a few from the Evergrey acoustic show. Didn't get many since I was in a really bad position and had to wing it. Besides, was more into the music then taking photos. :headbang:

11PP12EGac3.jpg

11PP12EGac4.jpg

11PP12EGac5.jpg

And here's a few from Mark Edward's show in the Artmore courtyard.

11PP12ME8.jpg

11PP12ME1.jpg

11PP12ME5.jpg

11PP12ME4.jpg

11PP12ME9-1.jpg