ProgPower VII

AMBR

Metal Grandma
Mar 12, 2003
New Jersey
First two bands announced!!!!!
Pyramaze and Wastefall.
We've already got Pyramaze's Melancholy Beast on the radio. We'll be looking to get some Wastefall up ASAP, but until then, you can check out some clips on the ProgPower site.
They're described on the Intrometal's site as follows:

EMOTIONAL PROGRESSIVE METAL

There must have been something added to the Ouzo down in Greece - cause whatever these Greek guys have been drinking, it made them come up with some extraordinary music. Ranging from the jazzy, progressive metal (think Pain Of Salvation), over more dark and emotional prog-rock (think Opeth meets Porcupine Tree) to more melody-based heavy (Superior meets Ark), this band has got it all.

Once again, ProgPower's gonna kick ass!!!! Already booked our rooms. :headbang:

Sounds cool! I already knew Pyramize but had to start hunting Wastefall's tracks asap I read the news on the PP site (I only went there 10 mins after you AMBR, among the first to find out *g*)

Now I got three tracks from Wastefall and have to say that they sound very, very good, and the description you posted fits well to their music. Gotta find more to listen to!

Evil said:
next 2 bands had better be better..quote]

You just can't stand it can you? :D

Relax the sphincter as it's just the two *opening* bands (And hell, you said one rules). I figure you will be grumbling over the next set of annoucements as usual (not that you don't have the right to do it) and then come around in the 3rd round.

To each their own though and I totally respect that.

Glenn H.

BABS said:
Hello everyone! Glad to see there's a chance for me to listen to some Pyramaze here!!!

Its because of BEC that I heard of Pyramaze. What an awesome band!

Harvester said:
Evil said:
next 2 bands had better be better..quote]

You just can't stand it can you? :D

Relax the sphincter as it's just the two *opening* bands (And hell, you said one rules). I figure you will be grumbling over the next set of annoucements as usual (not that you don't have the right to do it) and then come around in the 3rd round.

To each their own though and I totally respect that.

Glenn H.

good gods.... is there no escape from you??

honestly glenn yer a cool guy and i respect everything you do, truly i do.Wastefall MUSCILY is good... but that vocal style does nothing for me .

i gotta say tho that im almost nervous in posting my opinion over at the PP board for fear of massive attacks/retribution, and since ill be going to PPUK and seeing Pagans Mind AND Firewind... PPUSA has a tall hurdle to get over to top it :)

and yeah... one out of 2 so far is a-ok in my book :)

GaryGnu said:
Its because of BEC that I heard of Pyramaze. What an awesome band!
Glad to hear it, that's what this site is all about! In the introducing band vein, if you also like Sym X & Angra style of prog/power...check out Suspyre. They are an independent NJ band with a very epic (i.e. orchestra) & dual guitar prog/power band that I am toootally into. Just got back from seeing them again live.:OMG:

Evil said:
Hey, the worlds a small place and even smaller when talking about the prog/power world.

Evil said:
... and since ill be going to PPUK and seeing Pagans Mind AND Firewind... PPUSA has a tall hurdle to get over to top it :)
I wish I could see all the Prog/Power shows, dude I'm jealous. Some travel agent should create a PP package:cool:

Evil said:
I'm always surprised how many bands I don't know at PP fest and actually end up getting into alot of them.

Come on let's just enjoy the music. Of course our tastes will vary, but this be the fun part of life; way better than the day job in Corp. America.

Hey Evil, would be cool if you started a beer recommendation thread.:kickass:

Evil said:
Harvester said:

Nope.

honestly glenn yer a cool guy and i respect everything you do, truly i do.Wastefall MUSCILY is good... but that vocal style does nothing for me .

Ahh..didn't expect it to nor did I expect everyone to even care.

i gotta say tho that im almost nervous in posting my opinion over at the PP board for fear of massive attacks/retribution, and since ill be going to PPUK and seeing Pagans Mind AND Firewind... PPUSA has a tall hurdle to get over to top it :)

Knowing you and Drum Man's tastes, I don't think I will be able to top PP UK as you have an even further niche than the majority of the crowd. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a band on that roster other than Firewind that I haven't already had that you really like? Just so you know, I did answer the question on why I haven't booked Firewind yet over on my forum (constant change in vocalists prior to the festival..that's two in a row they have dropped preceding my consideration of them).

It's all good bro. I never take offense. I just get a bit frustrated watching folks express their disappointment and apprehension about the festival based on one or two bands being announced that they don't like.

I have two or three bands that I believe will get you down to Atlanta, you just won't hear about any of them until the 3rd/4th round of annoucements. Until then....

Glenn H.

Wastefall MUSICALLY is good... but that vocal style does nothing for me.

I feel the same exact way about Evergrey. I'd never heard them until I attended ProgPower2, and they came out and ROCKED! I was totally into it until the vocals started. *nails on the chalkboard* :ill: I lasted about three songs - then was out to the dealer's area.

They, alonng with the returning Sym-X was the main reason I chose not to go to PPUSAIV. Now I look back and regret not seeing Nightwish with Tarja (yeah, she may be a self-centered bitch, but she's a damn sexy one), and also missing such greats as Pagan's Mind and Mercenary. And I would have been happy seeing RAGE when everyone cleared out. It would have been nice to enjoy a 'headline' show from somewhere other than the floor or the aisles.

Hindsight being 20/20, I will NOT miss another PP due to my own decision. :erk:

It's always so interesting to hear everyone's difference of opinion. I LOVE the Evergrey vocals which is what got me hooked on them, that and the awesome guitars. Other than Nightwish, Evergrey and SymX were what brought me to PPIV. I learned so much on that trip, I will never miss another just because I'm not sure of the line up. I only paid cursory attention to Mercenary at first and they ended up being one of my favorite bands. Pagan's Mind too. Rage on the other hand, made me sleepy....or maybe it was just the long sleepless weekend. Still, they just didn't have enough going on to keep me up, or a lot of others. But clearly...to each his own.

Who else will be there? And man, do they announce 'em early!

Is this a fan's show or an industry insiders show though? I can never tell, and that is why I may never go to this event. People like me cannot afford it.:confused:

I am definitely not against this festival. It just seems like it because I am so bitter that it is the premier metal festival in the States, and I can never attend it and it drives me freakin' nuts!

Anybody have $2000 I will need for a ticket? LOL!

Well, I can at least go in my dreams. :)

I mean no disrespect to my good friends here or to Mr. Harveston. I am just so sad that I may never be able to go. Sorry for sounding like a whining kid, but Snowy wants his metal!

Well, as they say, every dog has his day. Hopefully every owl will have his day too.

Good luck to all who have the good fortune to go to that festival this year. Good luck to Glenn in getting great bands that I hope and pray will decide to come here again. I just hope by the time I can afford to go, metal still exists.

Lots of people on low budgets manage to go, Snowy. You just have to do the "poor-man's" trip, i.e. drive down instead of fly, stay in the motels a little distance from the venue and stock up in the grocery store. The Econo Lodge had rooms starting at $43/night. If you got Mike and Keith to go that would be close to $10 per person per night. So with Tickets at $90 and two nights stay at about $50 plus gas it really isn't all that bad. Really, the ticket price is damn cheap for all the metal you get. We paid over $30 just to see Finntroll and Sodom in NYC. 2 bands vs. 10. It's a bargain.

ProgPower USA VII: Next Two Bands Confirmed
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 16, 2006

SAVAGE CIRCUS AND EPICA ADDED TO PROGPOWER USA VII LINEUP
ATLANTA - German/Swedish power metal band Savage Circus, featuring former Blind Guardian drummer Thomen Stauch and Iron Savior vocalist/guitarist Piet Sielck, and Dutch symphonic metal band Epica have been confirmed to make their debut U.S. appearances at ProgPower USA VII on September 15 and 16 Earthlink Live in Atlanta.

"We are glad to be playing Savage Circus' U.S. premier show at ProgPower USA VII," said Stauch. "I'm happy to have the opportunity to play there once more, after having played there already with my former band Blind Guardian in 2002. I'm sure everyone will enjoy all the fantastic bands playing there."
Savage Circus recently signed with Century Media Records for the U.S. release of its "Dreamland Manor."

"We look very much forward to our very first U.S. gig," said Epica guitarist Mark Jansen. "I've heard great stories about ProgPower USA and all the bands that have played there are very enthusiastic about it." The symphonic metal band features the female vocals of Simone Simons.

Pyramaze (featuring Lance King, former vocalist for Balance of Power) and the first U.S. performance by Sensory recording artist Wastefall - playing a brand of prog metal described as Pain of Salvation meets Faith No More - have already been confirmed. Six more bands will be announced over the next two months.

"I had to work a bit harder this year in putting together a lineup that meets both the fans' expectations and my own," said promoter Glenn Harveston. "A standard has been established and I believe I have reached that again."
Indeed you have, Glenn!!!! :worship: Dave and I could not be more excited about Epica. Everyone at BeyondEarCandy is psyched to be one of the sponsors for the band.

Anyone who has not yet gotten into Epica should definitely check out The Phantom Agony and Consign to Oblivion and especially the DVD We Will Take You With Us. I don't know anyone who has seen that dvd that hasn't fallen in love with this band, and for the guys, the vocalists Simone. ;)

Great to see a band with a female vocalist back in the line-up. Thanks Glenn!:headbang: