ProgPower VII

Eternal Legacy said:
Vision Divine... Holy Shit!! Now all we need is the last two bands: Labyrinth & Nocturnal Rites... This festival is going to ROCK!!!:headbang:
Hey, if you get out to Chicago for the Powerfest you'll be sure to see Norcturnal Rites! Them and Morgana Lefay, it's gonna rock!:headbang:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 26, 2006

NEVERMORE AND EVERGREY CONFIRMED TO HEADLINE PROGPOWER USA VII

ATLANTA – Seattle band Nevermore and Swedish progressive/power metal band Evergrey have been confirmed to headline ProgPower USA VII.

"This isn't just another Evergrey appearance,” said Promoter Glenn Harveston. “We are going to recreate the magic of the band's DVD, ‘A Night to Remember.’” For only the second time ever, the Evergrey choir will be joining the band on stage at the festival. In addition to the exclusive choir appearance, the Poulenc String Quartet from Atlanta will be performing with the band on stage.

"It feels absolutely great to be able to bring this special show to Atlanta and the American audience!” said Evergrey guitarist/vocalist Tom Englund. “This was only meant to be a once in a life time show, but Glenn has made it impossible for us to say no. ProgPower USA has been like a second home for us in America. It always feels great to arrive there and know that the crew's attitude will portray a professionalism rarely encountered elsewhere.”

Nevermore will close out the festival on Saturday night. Fresh off last year’s Gigantour stadium tour and a slot on Opeth’s last North American tour, Nevermore has gained critical and fan praise for its latest release, "This Godless Endeavor."

“I think the band deserves a hell of a lot more than another direct support slot,” Harveston said. “The time for a full headline set is now and this is the place to do it. If they want to play three hours, then they are going to play three hours."
WOW What a fest this is going to be. Evergrey with the choir and strings is going to totally blow the place AWAY!!!:headbang:
And Nevermore is gonna rock Earthlink likes it's never rocked before! I am so totally stoked!!!!:OMG:
Loomis.jpg

not shocked at Evergrey... eh...

Nevermore... im kinda curious to see them live

but i do want to see Pyramaze, Thunderstone, and Vision Divine... so i will be there

gotta say im disappointed over the lack of Pagans Minds AGAIN, thank god im goin to PPUK. This is not a personal slight against ya glenn.... just not my cup of tea overall but it is a pretty solid line-up.

Harvester said:
Nevermore Cancel ProgPower USA VII Appearance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you may have read on Blabbermouth yesterday, the Disturbed/Nevermore European tour was postponed until September this year. Obviously, that conflicts with the festival date. Nevermore have officially withdrawn from the festival in order to continue with that potentially lucrative tour as of this morning.

Obviously, I am beyond disappointed. I will now begin the search for a replacement. Please be patient as I have no idea how long the process will take.

Glenn H.

A big disappointment to many people. :erk: I hope Glenn will get a good replacment.

OOOO look who's showing off with his superior keyboard. :tickled: :tickled: Just kidding!! When my cpu crashed last week, the guy who came and repaired it (New Jersey's next millionaire! :Smug: ) Removed all my alternate languages and now I gotta go hunt them down again. :erk:
Sooooo, I'm super-psyched to see J*rn picked for ProgPower even if I can't make pretty letters to get his name right! :D

...superior :p - you can't find ø in the Finnish/Swedish keyboard. We have only å, ä, and ö. Only our beloved :loco: o_O :Spin: neighbours in Norway and Danmark use ø and æ instead.

Every time I need to make an impression :Spin: with typing characters like à, á, â, ã, or æ I need to fire up my PopChar® 2.0 and pick each one individually by hand. :p :tickled:

Sorry for going off-topic! Have fun with SA in Hartford tonight! :headbang:

N.p. Allen - Lande: The Battle - 11. Universe Of Light

Arrrrgh!!!!! I went to play my Allen-Lande cd last weekend and the case was EMPTY!!!! Did you steal it?:mad: :lol: Psyched for SA tonight. Will tell all on my return. Got a photo pass so hopefully some good ones to share. Funny thing about this show: I wanted to go but had no one to go with me. My friend, Aki, in Finland said via instant msgr his friend in Massachusetts who was going. He shared our IM ID's with each other and we are now going together! The internet sure has made it a small world! :headbang:

Hey, I didn't! This CD can't be your's, coz I've got the case here too. Why don't you look under your bed... or in the sofa, yeah, sofas are notoriously known to have eaten bigger things than CDs, even husbands with a sixpack have reported missing after last seen sitting on a sofa in front of TV comfortably sipping beer. :p

The web is awesome! And I've yet to meet a metalhead, who wouldn't help another when it comes to attending gigs and anything related to metal.
I never met Aki nor do I know him in person, but I've seen him posting on PP-and BG-boards and and I kept reading about him on Curufin's Finland trip diary around last Christmas.

N.p. Olympics Hockey: Finland - USA, 1st period 9:33, 1-0 :headbang:

Found my Allen*Lande cd in the wrong case!! :headbang: :hotjump:
Promptly made 2 copies. Never play the original is my motto.

Wow the preparty lineup looks like just an extension of the main stage.
Circus Maximus (played main stage last year)
Leatherwolf
Theocracy (YEA MATT!!!!!)
Circle II Circle (played main stage PP4)

Shane has done a FANTASTIC job turning what used to be a "preliminary event show casing unknown local talent where everyone bascially went to meet and drink too much and listen with half an ear" into another major night of the festival. Last year was just as good. :headbang:

Tickets go on sale April 1st at 10:00am EST via all Ticketmaster outlets. Only 900 regular tickets will be made available to the public (advanced gold badge tickets are sold out). Cost is $104 for a two day pass. No individual day tickets will be sold. When deciding on your date of purchase, please keep in mind that tickets for the past three shows sold out over four months in advance of the show date. This is an elite show with an elite audience. You have been warned.

That's THIS Saturday! This festival has sold out the last three years, so don't wait!

A couple of people I know from the bands Odin's Court and Division are going to Prog Power as well. Say hi if you run into them! They rock!

Ladies and gentlemen (damas y caballeros en espanol), You can read my finished interview with Odin's Court on their forum, which is also hosted by ultimate metal!:headbang: