ProgPower VII

must...go ...to progpower now...GAH! i hope epica and SC( and everyother PP band) does a NA tour

Oh man...Savage Circus is going to OWN!!!! Bill & I booked our room at the Residence (again)...so our second ProgPower trip is now in the works!!!

I'd love to see Thunderstone & Masterplan added as well. So far the lineup Glenn has looks AWESOME!!! :headbang:

Deb

Hello there Ambr- hope you remember the Dutch girl who was at PP with Orphaned Land. I am so excited about Epica performing at PP. I told them lots of good things about the festival.
I remember us discussing a Dutch band performing at PP over dinner in Atlanta, and now look what has happened.
It's a great thing you are sponsoring them!

Greetings,
Nathalie

PS I read the stuff about how much it cost to go to a show. I spend 1600 euros for 4 days in Atlanta (flight, hotel, dinner, SHOPPING) But from the memories I have of being there it's worth 100.000 dollars to me!

Hi, Nathalie!
Sure, I remember you! Dave and I had dinner with you and the band and we talked about all kinds of things, but I especially remember talking about the possiblility of a Dutch band coming. I'm so glad Glenn chose Epica! They are awesome! We are very happy to be sponsoring them. I hope they really have a great experience here. Also hope they book a couple of other dates, especially one in NYC. My husband absolutley LOVES that band and he won't be able to go to ProgPower.

Another band confirmed for ProgPower VII.
Glenn's post from the forum:

PP USA VII: Band #5 confirmed
Two bands announced every two weeks on Monday mornings right? Wrong.

Freak Kitchen is confirmed for their U.S. debut.

Glenn H.

I've HEARD a lot about them, but have yet to take a listen. They apparently have 6 alubms out with the debut, Appetizer, coming out in '94 and the latest, Organic, released on '05. Check out this link on their page. They have samples of every song.

AMBR said:
Another band confirmed for ProgPower VII.
Glenn's post from the forum:

I've HEARD a lot about them, but have yet to take a listen. They apparently have 6 alubms out with the debut, Appetizer, coming out in '94 and the latest, Organic, released on '05. Check out this link on their page. They have samples of every song.

AMBR;

Save your ears. This is the one band I would probably go out into the hall for. I mean, I like power trios. Triumph, Motorhead and, of course, Rush are the kings of the genre. But, this reminds me too much of Firehouse or Warrant. They are really not that good.

Peace,
Ray C.

How many more acts are waiting to be announced, just out of curiosity?

We are being set up for the big knock-out blow...because you just know some really big group is waiting in the bushes, just waiting to be unleashed on us.

Are there any other festivals this year, like the one Morgana Lefay was at last year?

Snowy Owl said:
How many more acts are waiting to be announced, just out of curiosity?

We are being set up for the big knock-out blow...because you just know some really big group is waiting in the bushes, just waiting to be unleashed on us.

Are there any other festivals this year, like the one Morgana Lefay was at last year?

There are a total of 10 bands at PP so 5 to go. Just checked out a whole bunch of FK clips. Not my speed. Sounds too pop/punky/prog to me, but there sure are a lot of ppl who wanted them, so I'll listen to a couple of songs then go visit my vendor friends and get a bite. Every year there's one band that allows me to do that.;)

Morgana LeFay played at Powerfest in Chicago and is playing there again this year. Dave and I are going. :headbang:

LEAKED! The next 3 Bands!

Here they are: For My Pain (FIN), Beto Vasquez Infinity featuring Tarja Turunen, and ....(wait for it)......(drumroll)....TAROT!

OK, OK.

One can hope, can he?

Peace,
Ray C.

AMBR said:
There are a total of 10 bands at PP so 5 to go. Just checked out a whole bunch of FK clips. Not my speed. Sounds too pop/punky/prog to me...
Yea, they're definitely a different spin on things. I have their 2005 disc 'Organic' in the stack of cds to be added to the playlist, so will get it up there for anyone who doesn't know them yet.

And now......
Band #6 is confirmed.
Thunderstone is confirmed.

Glenn H.

I'm happy about that; good Finnish Melodic Metal, always up my alley.

Here's a bit of the bio on them:

Band:
Vocals - Pasi Rantanen
Guitar & Backing Vocals - Nino Laurenne
Bass & Backing Vocals - Titus Hjelm
Drums - Mirka"Leka"Rantanen
Keyboards - Kari Tornack

In the late fall of 2000 newly formed Thunderstone hit the studio with great results: three extremely well played and mixed power metal gems to drive the metalheads around the world crazy! Next months the band composed and rehearsed new material which was ready for recording in the summer of 2001. By this time the band had evolved into a five-piece with the addition of Kari Tornack on keyboards. Three new metal anthems ended up in the new demo. Four of the songs recorded in these two sessions were available through mp3.com and earned enthusiastic praise from around the world.

A promo CD including songs from both demos caught Nuclear Blast's attention in the late fall of 2001. After negotiating a deal with the no. 1 Heavy Metal Record Company in the world, the band went back to the studio on January 2002 to record their self-titled debut album, which was released in June 2002. The album featured outstanding cover art by Thomas Ewerhard and Timo Tolkki guest starring on lead guitar in one of the tracks. Critics around the world commended the album for its energy, tight performance and accomplished compositions.

2003 began with great news: Thunderstone was chosen the newcomer of the year by the readers of the German metal magazine Rock Hard! Inspired by these news, spring 2003 saw Thunderstone embark on a crazed road trip through Europe with fellow countrymen Stratovarius and American Symphony X. Five weeks of touring took the band through fourteen countries, 24 shows and 40000 people. It was an unforgettable experience with kick-ass shows, heavy boozing and general mayhem.
(Editor's Note: Ah, general mayhem! I'm always up for that! - AMBR)

After the tour the band took a short songwriting break and returned to the studio in the summer of 2003 to record their sophomore album. After three months of sporadic recording sessions the follow- up to the self-titled debut album was ready and mixed. Titled “The Burning”, the new heavy metal masterpiece saw the light of day in the beginning of 2004. The album was well received in medias around the world and rose to # 13 in the official Finnish album chart.

After the summer the band went into writing mode again and started making plans for what was to become their third album. The new Thunderpacked piece was recorded and mixed between November 2004 and January 2005. Titled "Tools of Destruction", the new album showcased a matured band which had found its own sound and vibe. The first limited edition single "Tool of the Devil" went straight into # 3 in the official Finnish single chart. Receiving praise around the world, the new album has marked a new milestone in the story of Thunderstone. Loaded with new energy and power the band is now looking forward to touring as widely as possible and delivering a blast of superb classic heavy metal around the world!

"Tools of Destruction" is already up on the radio for you to request and check out this band. We'll have the others up soon!

(Editor's Note: Ah, general mayhem! I'm always up for that! - AMBR)

Tell me something we don't know! HAHAHAHA!!!

Damn, more Finnish metal to break my bank account! What am I saying, I mean, YES!!! More Finnish metal! I want every awesome metal band from Finland in my CD collection!

Evil said:
that is KILLER NEWS... 2 bands i wanna see.... gimme 2 more Glenn :)
He's granted your wish:
PP USA VII: Band #7 & #8 confirmed
I honestly don't think that it matters if I announce bands now or four weeks from now at this point in the festival's career. I just hope you folks help me get the word out when tickets do go on sale in April.

Mercenary & Vision Divine are confirmed.

Glenn H.

While I'm definitely pleased with Vision Divine, I am freaking ECSTATIC about Mercenary!!!!:hotjump:
11 Dreams was one of the top albums of last year and remains in my personal playlist at least twice a week. I just can't WAIT to see them live again. And the guys in the band are incredibly nice too. Will be cool to get a chance to hang with them a little more.:headbang:

I hope Mercenary does more than just this 1 night stand in the USA. I would love to see a couple more shows added to their schedule.

11 Dreams was an amazing album with some of the coolest vocals I have ever heard. Though I do not get the 9-11 reference in the song, I still think it is awesome.

AMBR-How comes you are so into groups like Into Eternity and Mercenary when you seem to be not the biggest death metal fan? Just curious. Call me a one man "metal focus group" LOL!