Cage
Mastodon (oddball)
Bloodbound

Wish:

Riot
Sacred Oath
Jag Panzer
Eden's Curse

CANDLEMASS?? SOLITUDE AETURNUS?? I like how some of ya'll think!! LOL! Mix a little Doom into the ProgPower!

Would not be surprised one bit.
There has been a LOT more interest in the underground in trad metal and doom the past couple of years.

Prog and power are great genres, but as time passes, the majority of the "big names" release the SAME album over and over.

Would not be surprised one bit.
There has been a LOT more interest in the underground in trad metal and doom the past couple of years.

Prog and power are great genres, but as time passes, the majority of the "big names" release the SAME album over and over.

True to an extent...I would like to see some Doom make it in there (in the wishful thinking that I may be able to go one year)...plus, what about some of the Prog/Power/Metal bands that mix in harsh vocals? Like INTO ETERNITY or something? They're pretty progressive...as is NECROPHAGIST...and CYNIC and BELIEVER...

Yeah, the festival has certainly opened its doors for lots of possibilities.

There are many bands of all genres who truly "progress" a lot more than bands who are labeled as "prog" who never progress. :lol:

Take Enslaved or Nachtmystium for example, from the black metal scene. Or bands like Novembers Doom and Agalloch from the dark metal scene.

so far it looks like Falconer, Seventh Wonder, Wolf, Alkemyst, Anubus Gates, and Hibria.

Which would be one rocking festival with all them

I have always seen people talk about Seventh Wonder but just finally got around to trying them. All the songs on the myspace are great, I plan on picking up these discs at progpower for sure. I am also totally on board with the expansion into other styles of progressive and Technical metal (Borknagar, Cynic, Necrophagist). I would also love to see a Blotted Science set.

I have always seen people talk about Seventh Wonder but just finally got around to trying them. All the songs on the myspace are great, I plan on picking up these discs at progpower for sure. I am also totally on board with the expansion into other styles of progressive and Technical metal (Borknagar, Cynic, Necrophagist). I would also love to see a Blotted Science set.

Their latest is spectacular. Probably the album of 2008 for me. I've been slowly going through their back catalog. I enjoy the older stuff but there's just something about Mercy Falls that puts it way beyond their older stuff. From beginning to end it's a wonderful album. They're probably the one band I hope is on roster for next year.

Their latest is spectacular. Probably the album of 2008 for me. I've been slowly going through their back catalog. I enjoy the older stuff but there's just something about Mercy Falls that puts it way beyond their older stuff. From beginning to end it's a wonderful album. They're probably the one band I hope is on roster for next year.

Mercy Falls was my #1 last year. An album very close to perfection. But i also thought so about their previous album, Waiting In The Wings, but somehow they managed to make a better album in Mercy Falls. Speaking about their back catalog, Become is a good album, but the difference from that one and the last two, the vocals. Tommy got a God given voice which is one of the very best out there today. Not that Andi's voice was bad, i just don't think it suited the SW music. As you might know, Andi is now with Silent Call and he sounds really great.

Looking forward to see SW again i 5 weeks in Oslo at Prog Metal fest along with Circus Maximus, Illusion Suite, Pagan's Mind, Saint Deamon and Cloudscape. What a weekend that will be. :)

I guess I really have no predictions, only hopes (and probably not realistic ones in several cases..not even sure of all bands status):

Excalion
Solar Fragment
Keldian
Falconer
Turisas
Thy Majestie
Saidian
Anarion