ProgPower XIV in 2013 - Band Requests

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I thought I’d be the first one to submit my requests for ProgPower XIV bands. For starters, since it’s an even number ProgPower, I can assume that Evergrey and Symphony X will be there (at least I hope so). Thus, I only have eight acts to work with. However, since I’m not the greedy type, I’ll leave a few slots open for my fellow ProgPower goers to fill.

Miss Ayredamusasia One – featuring all members of Star One, Ayreon, Missa Mercuria, Nostradamus and Avantasia. This 300 member super group will headline PPIV.

Angel Dust – using some advanced math, that I picked up back in my college days, I’ve deduced that during September of 2013 Angel Dust should be back together. If my math is correct, they should have reformed for the 9th time, just in time to have a new CD out and make their 3rd ProgPower appearance.

Dio – although Ronnie won’t reveal his age, carbon dating puts him at roughly 63. As I’ve never seen a 70 year old man perform Heavy Metal, I felt that this would be a unique treat.

Bobman – heavily influenced by Edguy, Bobman has yet to form. Two of its founding members (the drummer and singer) haven’t even developed an interest in music just yet. However, by 2013 these kids will be ready to rock.

Vanden Plas – this will be Vanden Plas’ first U.S. appearance, after canceling five previous ProgPower engagements for the following reasons:

PPII – canceled due to a fear of flying
PPIV – canceled due to fears of a suspected Georgian SARs outbreak
PPVII – canceled after a bizarre incident involving Cheerios and large quantities of Elmer’s Glue
PPV – canceled because of an unseasonably warm Atlanta September
PPXII – canceled due to an addiction to canceling festival style show

We B. Metal – the future Godfathers of Reggae/Black Metal. After releasing the critically acclaimed “Satan Drank my Bong Water”, WBM clearly deserve the remaining headlining slot.

GZ

Iced Earth!
Helloween!
Stratovarius!

and then for some variety:
Freedom Call!
Gamma Ray!
*instert random generic power metal band here*

General Zod said:
I thought I’d be the first one to submit my requests for ProgPower XIV bands. For starters, since it’s an even number ProgPower, I can assume that Evergrey and Symphony X will be there

Both bands played also at PP 1 in Chicago, so they broke the tradition to play on odd numbers at the second PP festival already ;)

Henk

Bobman – heavily influenced by Edguy

hahaha. that was great.

The rest was funny too. I was really pissed when I saw that PPV request topic already. at least wait untill September for thoes.

Loved the Vanden Plas part...any chance of an Opeth reunion? As we all know, in 2005, Mikael Akerfeldt left Opeth to live in seclusion in a remote part of Scandinavia in order to write the ultimate progressive rock album. We haven't heard from him in eight years. :)