Projector or Haven?

Projector of course, i still love DT and all ( but not on a panty trowing level, more on an amazing and quiet listener in awe kinda level ) but i will always recent the fact that Mikael only did significant clean voice on Projector, opening up to everyone's eyes as one of the best metal clean voices around only to never sing clean again....:cry:

Haven, hands down.

After the first three songs, Projector gets mucho boring until the song Dobermann, then gets boring again. And do I have to mention the lame attempt at goth(or whatever) on the fourth song. awful....

Haven is solid all the way through.

I like them both equally, because Projector has more energy and catchy riffs/choruses. But Haven is very special in the sense that it has one fast tempo flowing through the whole album, making the whole thing sound like one big intricate song. Some people dislike that about Haven, I like it a lot.

Hmmm...

Projector: I was listening to this album A LOT when I got it. But a few weeks later, I found it somewhat "boring". It's just not the album one can listen to all the time, although it's got some really great songs and is a very good album overall. I just think it lacks something..

Haven: I didn't like it at first. I really hated those keyboard sounds. I'd always been a fan of pure guitar-driven groups, where keyboards had no place. Well.. I changed my mind. I think it's a damn good album (not like, say The Mind's I :) but still good) AND I think it's a step ahead of Projector..

To be exact, here's the order for me:

* The Mind's I
* The Gallery
* Skydancer
* Haven
* Projector

speaking of Projector..

i don't know how DT fans can insult Anders Friden's clean vocals...they're whiny at times, and i could do without them...but Stanne's aren't THAT much better

The clean vocals on Projector sound so incredibly stupid at times...people call them "emotional", i hear crap :/

Ville (Sentenced) has an awesome clean voice...gruff and powerful..

Mikael Akerfeldt has my favorite clean voice...really beautiful, and he uses it perfectly in the songs

Originally posted by sideslash
speaking of Projector..

i don't know how DT fans can insult Anders Friden's clean vocals...they're whiny at times, and i could do without them...but Stanne's aren't THAT much better

The clean vocals on Projector sound so incredibly stupid at times...people call them "emotional", i hear crap :/

Ville (Sentenced) has an awesome clean voice...gruff and powerful..

Mikael Akerfeldt has my favorite clean voice...really beautiful, and he uses it perfectly in the songs

my view:

friden -> pretty decent, especially the clean vocals i daresay. the point is lately he does neither and there are 5-6 background voices doing fuck all everytime he sings a line. i find this excruciatingly annoying. still his cleans are quite ok, hence my liking metaphor. ;)

ville -> :puke: can't stand the guy, sorry. he's trying to sing like metallica did up to and including ...and justice for all.

akerfeldt -> the clean are surely better than the growls. ;) but i'm not into the music at all, so his good singing seems sort of wasted to me.

rahvin.

I don't know if I had replied to this one, but I will take use (once again) Miolo's speach: By far I prefer Haven

though I love Projector!!

fathervic (who starts believing Miolo had to be born in Barcelona but something went wrong ;) )