• Projector

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Haven

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Ormir

Oct 11, 2001
Espoo, Finland
In a lot of Damage Done and Haven reviews I've read recently, the reviewer has stated that Dark Tranquillity has got progressively more agressive from mellow Projector, and that they are continuing with the more brutal style of Haven. Personally, I don't agree that Projector is the mellow album and that Haven is more agressive and brutal.

What do you think? Which sounds harsher, Haven or Projector?

i tend to agree and I think its like that because people look at the clean vox (since its damn near the hilight of the album IMO).

I voted Projector cause it sure does have brutal moments and is much darker. Look at On Your Time The Sun Fired Blanks Undo Control I think Haven was much more straightforward and atmospheric where was Projector was more dark and brutal (as well as beautiful) at times. Just my humble opinions :)

Projector is darker than Haven all right, but not more brutal, even more, neither of them is really brutal, but I tend to think that, if you ignore Projector's clean vocals, you'll find that the music is heavier than Haven's...and I'm not voting

I would have to go with Haven, altough all the clean vox on Projector kinda add to the album's aggression. In other words, more clean vox make the album more aggressive I think (just in some occasions)

I'll vote Projector, cause i was listening to it today (wasn't the question which we like more? :rolleyes: *cheating*).

Even Day To End isn't totally mellow after 2:20. Well, just my opinion :rolleyes:

PROJECTOR is much better, becuase Haven is fucking boring and to much soft... yeah, imho Projector is dark and more brutal

As many have agreed with me, Projector is a far more harsh and cold experience than Haven. When I listen to Haven, the music sounds like a warm and catchy experience, and pleasing to the listener. The band sounds very relaxed. Projector on the other hand, oozes desperation and agression. The mellow clean sung parts are followed by very harsh parts as phyre pointed out, contrasting and enforcing the agression.

@phyre: I think Damage Done is MORE agressive than TMI.

@Borknagar121: u might........... want to know....... that it is Haven.............

well I've voted Haven, but just for the overall since a big part of Projector is quite "unaggresive"...which obviously doesn't mean is bad :D

oh! and I'm also with Phyre...TMI is the most aggressive DT album, and probably the best one (even I like a bit more Haven)

fathervic (havenist)

Yes, but you don't even LIKE TMI. Which is incomprehensible as it quite obviously is the best DT album together with Projector.
I think TMI is fucking great album. I prefer it over DD. So your "clever" attempt to show my bias and contempt against TMI failed :rolleyes: I still think DD is more brutal album, but that has nothing to do with quality. Skydancer is (imo) obviously the best and softer than both.

voted for projector. i think tmi is the most brutal dt album though, but i giggle every time i think of the word brutal, because it reminds me of xix century british novels featuring ladies slapping the face of bearded slavemongers and calling them brutal and adding "how dare you!". :)

rahvin. (wha...)

i think that the sound of haven might be more aggressive in a sensem but i think that projector is more aggressive than haven (just the sun fired blanks, on your time will do the trick)

well, maybe not Cryptopsy style brutality, but.. aggression

both albums have their fair share, but Projector has more pronounced juxtaposition of the heavy and the soft.

I mean, you could get all mathematical about it and like, count the riffs ;) but why bother.