I am worried.

I'm with Tali here. You people should learn about patience and stop speculating so profoundly. One day the album's going to come out and only then will we know how it's going to sound. Hopefully, I'll like it and it won't be boring crap.

btw: I was about to worry about DT's new album and ask myself 100 questions about it but, I realised I had more important stuff to do with my life instead.

Well it's always tragic when a band doesnt meet it's potential... but the reason I'm not bothered is there's many other bands doing great and exciting stuff right now... and as a musician myself, I know what it's like to write a cohesive song but miss the mark on the quality of composition. So I'm not gonna hang them for it.

^That's for sure, but what I feel is slowly disappearing from DT is their uniqueness. Back in the days, DT had their own signature and although you can still find some echoes of it in their later stuff, it's not quite it. I'm not saying it's because they changed their sound, lots of band change their sound while remaining unique. In fact that is what DT did from their beginning up to I'd say Haven but after that, it lost something. I can't pin-point what changed but, you can feel that DD and Character aren't standing out of the crowd as much as the band's previous releases.

eRraZib_ENo said:
^That's for sure, but what I feel is slowly disappearing from DT is their uniqueness. Back in the days, DT had their own signature and although you can still find some echoes of it in their later stuff, it's not quite it. I'm not saying it's because they changed their sound, lots of band change their sound while remaining unique. In fact that is what DT did from their beginning up to I'd say Haven but after that, it lost something. I can't pin-point what changed but, you can feel that DD and Character aren't standing out of the crowd as much as the band's previous releases.

I couldn't partly agrre more with what ye just said. the only part I don't agree with is DD and Character standing out. IMO those are marvelous :kickass: :headbang: :worship: :worship: cds. What I don't want is a Character II or Damage Done III (hehe whichever).

Hehe I also have other important stuff in me life, that's the difference. DT is part of my life, so it's obvious I feel like this since the band has an incredible influnce over me.

@Rhavin: Obviously, we're great fans because we express our honest feelings towards tht band :)

@Undo: He has been happy before? o_O

PREPOSTEROUS!!!!

I feel a bit guilty for stirring this thread up a bit too much, but my original post contained one big IF - I said if the whole album would sound like this new song, then... I know, ifs mean speculation, but it was only my opinion.

i wouldn't mind character II, i've only been a DT fan for a year now so i had a ton of DT music to enjoy from them. But i loved their chracter and damage done albums the best

I dont think we speculate. We are just worried and HELL! It is my band. The musicians that made me feel wherever I was and whatever I did.
My reality is here and they are part of the art I love.

Also, they succeeded in being a band that reached an extremely high level of art-creating. A level that even they cant reach again. They succeeded in being different and engrossing every time. It is natural for us to discuss and predict.

Because what we heard were two new pieces of art and they dont sound really impressive, not at all to say the truth.

I also think we dont demand a higher level of monstrous creativity. We want one more sincere and pure album. If DT are not capable of making it then they have better dont record anything. We wont be disappointed if they dont think of new songs. We will be disappointed if they record something just to have something new recorded

Personally, I wouldn't mind at all if the album sounded like Character, or DD or haven or Projector or a mix of all of them... because I love DT's sound. For me whether they change or not is not an issue as they've always been onto something great and unique. If I want to hear something experimental I'm not gonna pick up an album by DT that tried to be more experimental... I'll just listen to Kayodot or Sunno... If I want to hear some tr00 blackmetal I'm not gonna listen to DT's most brutal album either, I'll just have me some Anaal Nathrakh or Leviathan or something. All I want is for DT to write some good songs.

I'm nervous for them now... I don't want them to embarrass themselves. They haven't tripped up with an album so far and I'm confident they won't with this one (despite When death is most alive being a bit pants)... but it always does something to me, when one of my very favourite bands releases another classic album. I really feel a certain pride. I want to feel it again in april.

Also, think about it this way: How many of your very favorite DT songs are the songs they consistently play live? How many of you here loved Emptier Still, or something equally moving that they don't play live because it doesn't fit in a live setting?

What we have here are two different songs picked to be played as previews LIVE, because they fit in with their other LIVE songs. That doesn't mean the whole album will sound this way, merely that of all the songs they've put together so far, those two were felt to have the best live reaction. Who knows, the rest of the album could be Projector 2. It's not as though we've caught the final recording's leak and we know what they all sound like in-studio, either.

~kov.

Kovenant84 said:
Also, think about it this way: How many of your very favorite DT songs are the songs they consistently play live? How many of you here loved Emptier Still, or something equally moving that they don't play live because it doesn't fit in a live setting?

What we have here are two different songs picked to be played as previews LIVE, because they fit in with their other LIVE songs. That doesn't mean the whole album will sound this way, merely that of all the songs they've put together so far, those two were felt to have the best live reaction. Who knows, the rest of the album could be Projector 2. It's not as though we've caught the final recording's leak and we know what they all sound like in-studio, either.

~kov.

You're totally right.

Good point Kovenant!
Adding to that they wrote on the website a couple of moths ago that the new album would also feuture slowish acoustic sections, I think this will be really interesting :).

Makaan said:
Good point Kovenant!
Adding to that they wrote on the website a couple of moths ago that the new album would also feuture slowish acoustic sections, I think this will be really interesting :).

See, now that I had completely missed. Acoustic would be very, very interesting indeed. It's making me think of TMI. Which would make me giddy like a little fanboy.

~kov.

Yeah, absolutely. These two are live songs and every album has some.

That is why it is not that we discuss the new songs but we are just worried about what DT will offer. And we dont mean that the new songs are bad. They just sound like the old stuff and it makes us skeptic.

WDIMA is one crushing song with its synth lead and dynamic structures. It makes you tremble. BUT, if you dont listen carefully, you may hear Final Resistance there which is outrageous.:lol:

I don't want to spend my energy on being worried of what DT will realease...
I'm just waiting, and if I don't like it (which would be very surprising) well I'd just keep listening to the other albums :D

@ Kov: Yeah I agree with that too, heck maybe the new album might even be Gallery oriented. Ok that won't happen, I think it's more possible somthing like Projector/Haven.

And, as I said countless times before on the thread in which ye said what ye wanted in the new cd, I want:

"Flamenco Göteborg MetaL", with clear, harsh and female vocals.

HELL YEAH!!! :headbang: :worship: :kickass: :headbang: :headbang:

It doesn't neccesarly have to be "flamenco", but I definetly want something wih acoustic guitars on the album :headbang: :cry: :headbang:

..where death is most alive....that reminds me of damage done songs...lacking alotta keyboards...and just plain powerful without much varying in it....didn't like it as much.....dunno i hope what they said about the acoustic stuff is right...so far 2 songs have been made...and no acoustic...