Prologue...

Oct 8, 2005
being a fan of stanley kubrick films, I thought I would mention that the first three notes of Prologue sound like the music from The Dawn of Man in 2001: A Space Odyssey. I'm sure most noticed this by now, but I was reminded while watching 2001.

Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
Opeth the dop day boors, AHL.

emmm... first three notes is a bit lame... listen to the radio, there ARE only three notes.
Odyssey makes me think of Pink Floyd tho. seen it synchronised with Echoes, wich made it look like a 27mins long music video.

Ayr said:
emmm... first three notes is a bit lame... listen to the radio, there ARE only three notes.
Odyssey makes me think of Pink Floyd tho. seen it synchronised with Echoes, wich made it look like a 27mins long music video.

not only the same three notes, but the same steps, in the same sequence. a bit coincidental if you ask me.

Silent Song said:
Especially the REALLY trippy part.
that whole film is trippy.

speaking of Kubrik...Placebo's X-rated video for Protege Moi(french version for protect me from what I want) is just like that scene in "Eyes wide shut" where tom cruise is walking around the mension and everyone is fucking.

still gives me the willies whenever I hear Ludwig van's Fidelio opera...