Prom tomarrow.

matt99_crew said:
I went to the Anthrax/Exodus show in the middle of my senior prom. It was in '89, and I'd been dating the same girl for a couple years and she new how much I wanted to go to the show, which was only a couple blocks away. So after the whole dinner, pictures, a couple slow dances thing, I went up and changed, hit the show, came back and showered, did my girlfriend, and called it a night.

Kickass.

But they don't let us leave, because of the whole they think we're all Alchoholiiccczzzz thing.

I refused to go to my school's prom because everyone in my year was a cock. My mates were saying to me "it's your last chance to see everyone!" and I'm like "good! I don't want to see those wankers ever again!". Then it was "but there'll be loads of alcohol and everyone will be drunk!" and I'm like "fucking w00t, I can do that anytime and with people I actually like!"

I don't understand the appeal of proms, unless you're a gimp. I have no regrets about snubbing mine.

Crimson Velvet said:
Or unless you actually like your class mates! :tickled:

Haha exactly, I'm going to this because most of my best friends are graduating this year, so it's a final goodbye I suppose.

man did i regret going to my prom...only dance i went to in high school. still not quite sure how i ended up going, as my high school was full of douchebags and i hate dancing :yuk:

Marksveld said:
Haha exactly, I'm going to this because most of my best friends are graduating this year, so it's a final goodbye I suppose.
Dude life begins after high school, it doesn't end. :cool:

JayKeeley said:
University >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>High School

Provided you go to a university far away enough where you have to leave home, obviously.
Doesn't even take that, my university was 20 miles away from home and I lived with my parents the first 4 years of college. I went for 4-1/4 years, not too bad for a full-time slacker getting a 4-year degree. :loco:

Fuck me, same here. Unfortunately I didn't plan on going Uni while I was at school, it wasn't until I started working at the factory right after I left that I changed my mind :rolleyes: so I'm stuck at the Uni in this douchebag city I'm living in now, and living at home for the forseeable future til I scrape some cash together. I reckon it'll be ok hanging with people from out of town though, the natives round here are turds.

The prom = the gayest thing ever.

The after party = FUCKING RULED. Eventually everyone passed out and I was last of the mohicans so I ended up fishing/drinkingvodka/smoking cigars with some Dads that where there, then I went swimming in the lake at 5 am...in New Hampshire at thsi time of year...I think i froze for a while.

Only thing is I wish my Dad could have been at the afterparty =( He would have loved it. Booze + Lake Winnepesaukee (sp).

Prom was pretty shitty, but I had an alright time. Despite the feeling of being a third wheel most of the time, a couple of my good friends made the evening tolerable. I got to the after party that all of my friends were going to at 1AM... I left 25 minutes later and partied with myself at home (not in that way, u homoeslol).

max_prom.jpg

Five layers of clothing makes you look even fatter.

I had a great time at my prom last month. My date and I stayed together most of the night, plus she had 3 other friends who through one event or another ended up being without their date for the majority of night so we had a good time all around.

I also got to go nuckin' futs and headbang at random a couple times when they played heavier songs and fuck around to the mexican music and whatnot. Bunch of white guys making assclowns of themselves, good times.

Then the night really picked up when everyone left except for about 8 people for the last 30 minutes and we just lost all cares and acted like a bunch of 'tards. Also had some nice heartfelt moments with my classmates, nice way to part really.

After-prom was good too, our school set up some activities. Sumo wrestling in these massive plastic suits, etc.

Yeah, I'd do it again.