Protools bussing and latency or phase issues when doing....

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
I was trying a 2 stage compression technique and the 2 busses are phasing or something.

What i was doing is sending a buss output from all my individual drums to lets say buss A. Then i send buss A output to buss B. I also had each individual drum channel sent to buss B input. Now when i play both of these busses together its starts sounding funny. It's not real thin like normal phasing it still has low end. If just one buss is on and the other is muted the snare will be centered but when i play both busses together the snare gets wide and its just sounds weired. Is this a fault of protools latency and is there any way to fix this?

I read about 2 stage compression in Tape Op and was giving it a test run. Anyone lese ever use this or have a simular problem?

run the same plug in on the other bus, but put it in bypass, preferably on the plugin itself as opposed to on the menu bar above

Yea i just figured out you could also ctrl click on the bottom of the fader window and change to delay meter. I just used a delay compensation plugin with protools on the other buss. I guess running the same plug is another easy way.

Another question for you protools vets.....

Now when your mixing and using a lot of busses and different plugs. Do you normally go through and make the busses so there all the same with that delay compensation plugin?