Latency issues help

musickey

djenital moosic
Feb 17, 2006
INDIANA
Hey fellas, I have a couple of FP10’s and just got an Art VLA II, and have some serious issues with latency. I’m trying to use the Art as a drum buss comp. Heres how I have it routed. I created an additional stereo output in my DAW, Created a drum group channel, set its output to the new stereo out, and then bussed the drums I want effected to the drum group channel using the sends. Now from the FP10 to an ADL 600 then to the Art VLA, and then back into the FP10. When I try and play back the mix and blend the comp signal, there is huge amount of latency. What am I fucking up? I would like to be able to monitor the whole mix, and hear how the compressed signal is affecting it. Thanks for the help fellas. I have a Chameleon Labs 7720 on its way as well and would like to get this shit sorted.

Are you still running cubendo? Setup your comp in the outboard FX section of the connections window then just insert in on your drumbuss. Has built in auto delay comp feature. You might have to recalculate the delay every time you change your interface buffer settings. I haven't used it much so I don't really know.

Are you still running cubendo? Setup your comp in the outboard FX section of the connections window then just insert in on your drumbuss. Has built in auto delay comp feature. You might have to recalculate the delay every time you change your interface buffer settings. I haven't used it much so I don't really know.

Thanks for your time Dave, I will give it a shot.