PRS Guitar Question

Lightbulb Sun

Losing the Skyline....
Jun 2, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
In the summer of 09 I will most likely be designing and build my own guitar. As psyched as I am, I have some uncertainties about the neck. I want my radius to be like those on the Mira, but I don't know which one to order [off of Warmoth].

Any ideas?

Or he could go with whatever feels right to him.

Btw I thought I had you ignored ... hmm?

The PRS Mira has a 24 fret, 10" radius neck with a 25" scale length.

Warmoth offers a 10" - 16" compound radius neck which wouldn't be exactly the same, but you might actually find it more comfortable to play, although they will custom build you a straight 10" radius neck if you prefer in either 25 1/2" or 24 3/4" scale length for an extra $35.00.

One thing about the Warmoth necks though, if you're looking to copy the Mira's 24 fret neck, apparently they only offer a 24 fretter as an extended fretboard option for $25.00. This means that the fretboard extends past the neck joint and will actually end up where your neck pickup is supposed to be! (They even explain this and show pics of it on their site.)

You may want to look into ordering a custom Carvin, as well. For under 2 grand, you can custom order a real 24 fret, 10" radius smokin' hot guitar with a sick top with pretty much any other option you can think of.

Good luck on whichever you decide, and remember to post some pics whenever you get it.

The PRS Mira has a 24 fret, 10" radius neck with a 25" scale length.

Warmoth offers a 10" - 16" compound radius neck which wouldn't be exactly the same, but you might actually find it more comfortable to play, although they will custom build you a straight 10" radius neck if you prefer in either 25 1/2" or 24 3/4" scale length for an extra $35.00.

One thing about the Warmoth necks though, if you're looking to copy the Mira's 24 fret neck, apparently they only offer a 24 fretter as an extended fretboard option for $25.00. This means that the fretboard extends past the neck joint and will actually end up where your neck pickup is supposed to be! (They even explain this and show pics of it on their site.)

You may want to look into ordering a custom Carvin, as well. For under 2 grand, you can custom order a real 24 fret, 10" radius smokin' hot guitar with a sick top with pretty much any other option you can think of.

Good luck on whichever you decide, and remember to post some pics whenever you get it.

Thanks for the help. I will make sure to make a note of the radius, and when the time comes, make sure to get the specifics.

Carvin is located in California, right? The thing I like about Warmoth is, apparently, they're located in Seattle... Which is quite close. Plus, they offer multiple other options when it comes to exacts.

I will check out the Carvin site tonight, though, to see what's up.