Psy-metal

Avigrus

Dec 23, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Alchemist are pretty much my favourite band. I'm looking for some bands with similar concepts/song structures (psychedelic/progressive metal), albums kinda like these;

Alchemist - Organasm
Alchemist - Austral Alien
Alchemist - Spiritech

Cheers,

Av

I've never heard Alchemist, so I don't know if this is what you're looking for (and it probably isn't) but Voivod draws influence from bands like Pink Floyd (they have a great cover of Astronomy Domine)

i love pycedelic metal! alchemist is sick.... other bands i enjoy are

tiamat(wildhoney and deeper kind of slumber)
older katatonia is kind of trippy at points
cynic
any post metal(ISIS,pelican,mouth of the architect,MINSK)
sigh
canvas solaris

thats all i can think of right now...real good shit

Enslaved certainly have a psychadelic/pink floyd feel to them on a lot of their tracks, particularly on their album 'Monumension', also I've always thought that the albums 'The Ruin Of Nova Roma' by Taint and 'The Second Philosophy' by Nahemah have a progressive/psychadelic feel to them.

You mean their 3rd, as Forever Advancing...... Legions was their debut. It's also good, just not as atmospheric. Very brutal though.

Psykup is pretty cool.

They have a myspace page. They're sound like old school Faith No More Mike Patton Music combined with some jazz and funk.

Pretty crazy progressive...love them, but can only listen for so long before it wears out it's welcome. Very inventive and fresh sound though.