PT concert reviews

atrocity

crestfallen.
Jan 26, 2002
Istanbul
Visit site
So who saw them already? And which gigs you are going to? I'll be on San Diego show for sure.
By the way do you know the setlist?

ps:Well delete/lock this if you think it belongs do other deadwing threads, but i thought another review post would be helpful.

There are some shows at dimeodozen from the last tour they did in Europe.
And I heard from a friend of mine that they are awesome.

(PS Atrocity, :wave: why is your mail not working anymore, please contact me)

great list, but i would like something from signify on friday (probably wont happen though because ive heard this setlist is very static - the only changes being fadaway, mellotron and the start of something beutiful swithcing in and out ... or osmehting like that)

same tracklist of the european shows.

i wet to germany and i saw them in hamburg, bochum & frankfurt. people told me i'm crazy, but hey, PT are something beutiful on stage, so i had to do this. saw them in milan too, but the german shows were really better.

some pics on my website: http://opethpainter.altervista.org

the only negative thing i saw in montreal was with fadeaway when the other guitarist was the singer instead of steven wilson for this song. He's good as a guitar player but as a singer... I think his voice was bad. But the song is great anyway.

Just saw PT tonight in Chicago... absoutely wonderful show. The same setlist as above, including fadeaway and Mellotron (beautiful). I cant recommend seeing them enough. Although I didnt care for the opening guys music, his backing vocals and guitar playing was nice.

I was right up front with my girl and we had a great time.

EDIT: At first, I had mixed feelings about Deadwing. I loved some tracks, and was kind of indifferent towards others. Seeing them live really helped though. The only song I dont really care for is Halo both musically and thematically. But this didnt take away at all from the show. As good or even better at times than even Opeth, and i dont say that lightly.

Steven's "hand thing" was a little weird... kinda girly? whatever, I thought he was still great, I saw them at Irving Plaza, NYC.

haha yea that hand thing was great at NYC
some people in front of me were imitating him though which was kind of disrespectful imo...

they played fadeway at nyc too. The best concert ive ever been to in my life.

Pseud0 said:
some people in front of me were imitating him though which was kind of disrespectful imo...

Oh really? Thats really sad. I dont understand paying and going to a show (by such good musicians!) to mock them over a little quirk. I didnt think it was too overdone to be distracting... just a little amusing in a non-mean spirited kind of way.

haha yea the condoms... i was very close to the guy blowing them

it was funny when steven bent over and hit it back at the crowd though.