pt drum edits, some quick tips clue me in?

no

just the regular 2 dollar lookin mouse

You mean this one?
mightymouse.jpg

thats the Mighty Mouse,

the new multi-touch one is the Magic Mouse.

Scrolling left/right is awesome. Such a handy thing. Mind you, when your mouse gets gunked up with sweat n shit and it stops working... that's upsetting!

oh, dang...

is there any way to preserve region start? :erk:

If you're doing the manual thing, just work backwards. Start from the end of the song and work towards the front when moving regions around. This way you're always moving the front of the regions to cover tails of preceding ones, rather than your tails covering transients if you're moving left to right.

Get some solvent cleaner, spray the ball and just press down on the ball hard and roll it around. Window cleaner should also do the job as it usually makes rubber a bit more sticky.

This is another way of doing it, but fuck that... you wanna record not pull a mouse apart :) http://www.mightymouserepair.com/

This link also has info... http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060210115417864

This works for a while but eventually it will get so bad you will HAVE to open it. Trust me. I tried everything, and it doesn't go back together well after you break that ring off.

Mine stopped working about a month after I got it.. not had any problems for 6 months

Besides, those things are so cheap... keeping a spare isn't going to break the bank :)

This works for a while but eventually it will get so bad you will HAVE to open it. Trust me. I tried everything, and it doesn't go back together well after you break that ring off.

Amen. I got fed up yesterday and took it apart and now I have a ringless mighty mouse. Looking like its time for a trackball.

get a piece of paper, turn the mouse upside down and push down real hard and scroll the ball on the paper. you'll see a load of the shite come off and will make it like new again. has worked every time for me.

i used to take the mice to the apple shop as soon as the ball got fucked and they'd just swap it for a new one, then one guy who worked there did that and it fixed it so i've been doing that ever since.

The Apple mouse could do with a longer usb cable. Even plugged into my cables it's a bit short.

Hey joey, the quantize feature is awesome! when i am editing i usually quantize every 2-4 sometimes 8 bars at a time and take a listen back, it usually works out real nice, sometimes i have to manually edit the notes/hits but i can edit a whole song of drums in about an hour maybe 2 hours. I don't know how long it takes you but i quantize everything guitars, bass, drums, vocals, etc

Make sure when your editing your quantizing with the right grid, I usually do 1/16 and it works awesome. most of the time. Sometimes 1/32

It can get tricky but the more you mess with it the faster and easy it gets, it really helps a lot for me!

One question, i heard you have 6 guitar tracks and the pan main 100% another 75% and another 50%. do you record one guitar for left and one for right than copy the left guitar and pan multiple copys on the left and do the same for the right and mess with the eq for each layered guitar or do you track 3 layers in the right and 3 in the left??

Hope that helped Brahh