PT Midi - Quick Delete Notes with Pencil tool?

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Hey guys , I've searched everywhere and cannot find an answer for this one. How do you quickly delete notes with the pencil tool in PT? I know you can double click each note , but that can take forever! Isn't there a way to just click and drag and erase all notes you hover over with the pencil tool? For programmed drums it would help so much , and I am almost positive I've done this before in PT, but I do not remember how.

Yeah , as I said above I know that you can double click on the note but that takes forever to get rid of a lot of double bass etc. I want to remove for instance just kick and snare from the section without highlighting and deleting all the drums. I want to leave the cymbals , so is there any way to just scroll over the kick and snare only and delete just those?

Thats the one.
i generally use the multitool and just use modifer keys for the other functions.
Works well for me.

Pretty sure if you press alt when using the pencil, it changes to the rubber end of the pencil. I was using that the other day.

Pretty sure if you press alt when using the pencil, it changes to the rubber end of the pencil. I was using that the other day.

about to try this now ! I was just gonna come on here and say that while the grabber tool does work for copying specific notes , it also erases any other notes (like cymbals) that you had in that spot when you paste

jeid , you are a badass. That alt click eraser trick works ! THANK YOU!

Haha, it was pure chance. I sometimes press buttons and I figure stuff out.

The other day I found out selecting a whole lot of channels and pressing alt/shift then solo or mute, will only solo or mute those channels. Think it works on stuff like output etc as well.

glad to have helped :D

I didn't see this specifically mentioned, so I'm sorry if everyone already knows this one, but when editing MIDI, if for instance you have a whole drum beat programmed out, but you want to delete all of the kicks, you can highlight all of them by clicking their corresponding note on the piano roll.

Run-on sentence fail.