PT/Opeth at fillmore (SF)

RydManiac

Any French in Here ?
Jun 7, 2003
Paris
Visit site
I am about to see Those 2 great bands and i wondered, as I was reading some topic

Are all the concerts of this tour, based on damnation ??
Not tiny little advent or Drapery Fall ?

I cant friggin wait for that concert man...its gonna rule all and it seems opeth is getting pretty popular with this album considering the fillmore is in a better area than there previous shows at the dog pound

InFlames235 said:
I cant friggin wait for that concert man...its gonna rule all and it seems opeth is getting pretty popular with this album considering the fillmore is in a better area than there previous shows at the dog pound

well, they shouldn't have been playing the pound last time. the place was packed and half the people waiting outside didn't get in. i've never been so squished in my life as i was at the deliverance show.

aeon said:
well, they shouldn't have been playing the pound last time. the place was packed and half the people waiting outside didn't get in. i've never been so squished in my life as i was at the deliverance show.
actually, i was one of those dudes waiting out in the cold for that show. i waited like 3 hours. they said it was sold out, they told us to go home, and many did leave, BUT I STAYED!! and they let us in about 10 minutes before Opeth took the stage. i swear i was in the back of the line, like five dudes were behind me, and they let us all in in the end.

anyway, i'll see you guys at the fillmore. btw, is there a san francisco connection here? where are you guys? i live like right next to daly city bart. i'd really like to start up a death metal cover band (imparticularly covering OPETH!!), i play guitar, been playing for about seven years, i'm a pretty damn good rhythm player, my soloing needs work but i'm improving it, and it's probably not as bad as i'm saying since i'm pretty humble about it... and i say cover band, cuz i just made real band, to make music, so sry i'm not interested if that's what ur thinking...

oh, and i teach guitar for $20 an hour (this has nothing to do with making a band), but if u live around here, and ur interested, let me know. btw, u can't beat that rate...

Squeak said:
Hey Demon, I think I have seen you at shows before. :wave:

yea, i tried to go to in flames friday, but the ticket shit didn't work out, my friend tried to order, he said it was all good, i showed up, tried to get in, they said it didn't go through.... i ended up going home... :(...

ya... and i might have seen u... are you... a cute black chick?? at the pound (for opeth :).... i was in the front and to the right, right in front of martin mendez....

Reactions: Squeak
RydManiac said:
Hey demon, I play bass, but i only stay in SF until the 18 of august

Man this gig is going to kick our ass, i feel it already :loco:

hey man, i'm always up for jamming out, if ur any good and ur serious, email me at dedmachinedan@hotmail.com, i'll give u my cell number and you can call me up, i can pretty much get anywhere in sf (bart, muni, etc), just that it would be difficult to lug around my 300 watt peavey with no car. i have a nylon acoustic though, and well... i'm damn good with any sorta guitar so, really anything u'd like to play i'm down for... send me an email man, seriously, i really enjoy having jam sessions for fun.

Squeak said:
Oh, by the way, that's me in the middle of the bottom sig picture, but half my hair is hidden behinf my left arm. It goes to the middle of my thighs.

and wow, that's impressive... and yea, i think i saw you, i think i was right next to you at the opeth show. i had a leather jacket i was trying to maintain on that small front fence dividing the band from the crowd. right in front of mendez. there was a lady with a digital camera i think (video), and she got pissed at me for moving my jacket around so much (since i was holding it on the fence and headbanging like a mofo...

hope to see you all at the fillmore, study mine's and squek's pics and tell us what's up when you see us!! i'd sure like to meet some forum members....

DemonOfTheFall said:
actually, i was one of those dudes waiting out in the cold for that show. i waited like 3 hours. they said it was sold out, they told us to go home, and many did leave, BUT I STAYED!! and they let us in about 10 minutes before Opeth took the stage. i swear i was in the back of the line, like five dudes were behind me, and they let us all in in the end.

That's one of the things that I dislike about the Pound....even when they are full beyond capacity, they still squish people into the club....not very good for trying to enjoy the show....nor is it very safe either... :erk:

DemonOfTheFall said:
yea, i tried to go to in flames friday, but the ticket shit didn't work out, my friend tried to order, he said it was all good, i showed up, tried to get in, they said it didn't go through.... i ended up going home... :(...

ya... and i might have seen u... are you... a cute black chick?? at the pound (for opeth :).... i was in the front and to the right, right in front of martin mendez....

Hehe....that could possibly be me... :wave: I remember being surrounded by dudes in leather jackets at that show (and I was standing right where you were too) and wondering how the hell anyone could deal with being that crowded, hot, and cramped wearing leather of all things....

and Squeak and I have already met a couple of times (@ the Deliverance show and at the GRAVE/GOATWHORE show... :Spin: )

I'm from L.A. but will be in town for this show (I'm missing them in L.A. after all...)...how is the fillmore? Is it a good club? Being that it is in S.F, what is the parking like? I can't imagine a big parking lot or anything inside san fransisco, so I'm prepared for the worst. Anyway, looking forward to the show...it'll be my girlfriend's first concert...what better to bring her to first than to accoustic opeth? A deliverance show would have been too much for her on her first time!!

The Fillmore is an excellent venue. I saw PT there in November...the sound was great and there's wonderful ambiance (if you care about that sort of thing). It's very spacious there as well, so no worries about being squished. As far as parking is concerned, it's not as bad as some parts of the city but you can plan on spending some time (anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes) looking for something closeby.

DemonOfTheFall said:
and wow, that's impressive... and yea, i think i saw you, i think i was right next to you at the opeth show. i had a leather jacket i was trying to maintain on that small front fence dividing the band from the crowd. right in front of mendez. there was a lady with a digital camera i think (video), and she got pissed at me for moving my jacket around so much (since i was holding it on the fence and headbanging like a mofo...

hope to see you all at the fillmore, study mine's and squeak's pics and tell us what's up when you see us!! i'd sure like to meet some forum members....

HAHAHAHA I was thinking you were behind me, but I wasn't for sure. Now I'm almost positive. And YES! Everyone, PLEASE come say hi to us. I am SUPPOSED to be in the photo pit (note I said supposed to be). If I'm there, you will know. :) And if I look busy, SAY HI ANYWAY! I will be mad if you don't. Shit, wiggle the bottom of my hair if you have to. Just don't pull. :D And say hi to Triste if you see her. That's my bud and SHE'S COOL! :wave:

As for the Fillmore, as Triste said, it's a cool venue. The people that WORK there are pain in the asses, but it does have a great vibe. It is a big club with an upstairs balcony and all. It fits (without including the dinner room thing upstairs) about 1,500 or so. I have been there many times and have gotten pretty squishy there, but this is acoustic Opeth we're talking about. It should be okay. Parking is a major bitch.... if you're VERY VERY lucky you can find some on the street. But there is also a big huge parking lot a block and a half away on the right side if you're driving towards the venue. Just make SURE what time it closes. It's not SERIOUSLY expensive, considering it's San Francisco and all, but still. I recommend giving yourself at least 20 minutes to park.