Punk

Baroque

Oct 16, 2012
Southern California
Never really got into the genre of Punk, but as a fan of Crossover I have a feeling I'd like it. I know a few bands, but most are pop/punk. I'm familiar with stuff like

Misfits
Suicidal Tendencies
Rancid
NOFX
Green Day...

Any recommendations? What's the good stuff that I should be listening to?

as with metal, i tend to like the darker, wilder, more anxious, emotional side of punk (although i do have a huge penchant for the clash's 'train in vain' for some reason). i totally second some of the above stuff like the gun club (although that's not one of my fav songs), television, cro-mags etc. here's a few faves of mine:

(i know you said you like the misfits but a lot of folks haven't heard the IMO superior early stuff)

and of course, my beloved offspring whose early stuff i'll defend to the hilt!

i'd also recommend checking out some garage punk compilations from the '60s (back from the grave, nuggets, etc), some of that stuff is insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos to you for posting individual songs. I don't get why people post a bunch of whole albums for a recommendations; that's just too much to take in at once, if you ask me.

I prefer full albums. I don't see why is it a problem, just listen to one-two songs, see if it suits you, nobody says you gotta listen to whole album.

i always assume that everyone has about as much patience as me and will switch off if the first song or two on the album don't take their fancy, and often the first song or two are far from being the best. besides, is it really that hard to do a youtube search for the full album?

They're probably complaining about full album links because it drains their data by just loading it up only to listen to one track or makes their shit load like a potato.