Purchasing an amp advice?

Delitzsch, how do you like your Mesa F30 combo? I had the F50 widebody combo but sold it a couple years ago. I miss it :( I couldn't quite get the modern metal rhythm tone but it was great for everything else. I loved the cleans,slightly dirty bluesy tone I got out of it. It was cool for leads too. Ugh I want it back! Too bad I am broke as shit and could use about 1000 other things other than that.

Delitzsch, how do you like your Mesa F30 combo?

Oh, I haven't owned that in years. I sold it a long time ago. From what I remember, I liked it and it got the job done. I do remember the clean channel being very nice.

dude, I respect your opinion even if you don't drop your name. This doesn't mean I agree. I play with my band by 15 years, have done some european tour and many recordings, some more professionals, others less, so I've just said my experience. The only definitive way that Hugues can decide it's by going into a store and try each head at each volume level ;)

I'm gonna try one this weekend. It's a 100w. Next week I'm gonna try the 20W. Sadly at a different store, no choice, they didn't have both at one place

If you saw my other thread, I have found an Invader at the price of a Fireball 100. So I'm gonna try it. That would be a stretch from my budget... So don't tell my wife!

If you saw my other thread, I have found an Invader at the price of a Fireball 100. So I'm gonna try it. That would be a stretch from my budget... So don't tell my wife!
Man, you must really be in love with Engl. Since you live in the States, why not try the 50 watt EVH head? Or the Orange Rockerverb 50? IMHO, they sound better and would be cheaper for you.

Man, you must really be in love with Engl. Since you live in the States, why not try the 50 watt EVH head? Or the Orange Rockerverb 50? IMHO, they sound better and would be cheaper for you.

Haha I wouldn't say that I am in love, just like the tone ( from what I heard at least).

I've never been a fan of Orange amps. EVH is quite nice sounding, maybe I should check it out.

The ENGL Invader is just coming from the fact that, following your suggestion I wanted to try an amp before buying and ended up learning that a store not so far from here had them on sale. The Invader is the last one they have.

But I guess I might lack the experience. I'm not a professional, never been in a studio. So what I like in the ENGL seems to be what others don't like! Haha.

Often times I find the trend is into loving what I call (wrongfully) crunchy amps. But then maybe it's a question of how good they sound in a mix, and for that, as I said, I lack the skills. Which could explain why I dig ENGL amps while others don't.

I don't know!

But I guess I might lack the experience. I'm not a professional, never been in a studio. So what I like in the ENGL seems to be what others don't like! Haha.

Often times I find the trend is into loving what I call (wrongfully) crunchy amps. But then maybe it's a question of how good they sound in a mix, and for that, as I said, I lack the skills. Which could explain why I dig ENGL amps while others don't.

I don't know!

There's some merit in taking a professional's opinion, but if your ears and heart are saying, "Engl!!!", then go for it. Different strokes for different folks. ;)