The best 4x12 cab for Engl poweball?

recycle

Sep 12, 2007
Norway
Hello,

I know this is a matter of taste, but does anyone have an opinion of what 4x12 cab to buy for my Engl Powerball?

Will this be for live play? Recording? Live I've heard great results from an Orange 4x12, but for recording most people tend to go for a Mesa 4x12. I personally like the straight up ENGL 4x12 PRO cabinet though, but it indeed comes down to taste.

Will this be for live play? Recording? Live I've heard great results from an Orange 4x12, but for recording most people tend to go for a Mesa 4x12. I personally like the straight up ENGL 4x12 PRO cabinet though, but it indeed comes down to taste.

i actually got a 1x12 orange cab, but i guess that dont sound anything near a 4x12 orange?
its mainly for recording, but i will probably end up using it live as well :)

definitely g12t-75 (marshall).
I lovethe Mesa OS ubt it's the last cab I'd get for the powerfail.
get the 75t, krank the mids (don't be afraid to turn them to 7-8 or something) and use ch3 with gain around 10:00

Yeah, I had a chance to play through a real 1960 cab (so far I've used impulses) with my PB at a gig on wednesday, and boy did it sound good! Growling like a beast and palm mutes were extremely tight and powerful. Here's my settings during the gig:

Lo Lead ("channel 3")
Lo Lead Bottom: unpressed
Gain: 10 o'clock
Bass: 9 o'clock
Mid-open: 5 o'clock
Mid-focused: 5 o'clock
Treble: 1 o'clock
Channel volume: 5 o'clock
Open/focused: pressed down
Presence: 11:30 o'clock
Depth Punch: 11:30 o'clock
Master volume: 10 o'clock