pure prog

Godspeed You Black Emperor! is an amazing group, the song Moya is such a fantasitic song that rises perfectly..i cant think of a song that rises and falls perfectly like that.

Yes on a few albums, and after hearing this new Ephel Duath, they're definitely highly deserving of the title prog.

Satori said:
Hey fusion,

I'm going to look into this Pain of Salvation band.. anything swedish is looking pretty good to me at this point. I'm trying to avoid the commerical cheesiness of "prog metal" (yea right metal? I think not) bands like dream theatre and nevermore.

Satori

POS are hard to get into cause some of their stuff is really awfull.

Some great tracks are The perfect element, Idioglossia, Her voices, Beyond the pale, people passing by, and water. If you give these a proper listen and still not like them then don't bother checking any of their other stuff out.

Can someone tell me more about Godspeed You! Black Emperor than their website does? I love the music I've heard so far (listening to Moya right now) and they seem to have a heap of originality and integrity (not to mention artistry and talent, my favourite buzzwords)..

and all this after I know I missed a show here in Toronto.. shoot.

Planet X - 'Moonbabies'
If you like music that is impossible to play.
Got the worlds best drummer!IMHO