Purpose !!

Dark Lord

Reincarnation of Yourself
Nov 4, 2005
Beirut, Lebanon
Hey guys, does anyone here have the lyrics to Spiral's demo song "Purpose" ... cause i'd sure like to have them... if anyone does, please post them here... thanx :)

Come on guys !!! Is there no one out there who actually has the lyrics to this amazing demo song?? Not even Spiral Architect members !!!
... I'm assuming no one does as far as i can tell..... I hope I will be proven wrong in the course of the next few days :)

hey man im desperate to hear that song...could some one please post that song ...or send it to me at infinity380@gmail.com, like a christmas present...thack you...hey theres a video clip of spiral architect on the page that they are playing a rare song and then they go with excesit... is on of those video clip you SA had on the page ...im wonder if that song is purpose????
SA bandmates is that purpose or just a jam intro??? right now i think that the song purpose is like a power technical ballad just because of the name ''purpose'' it depends...

kaj said:
If you let me have a day or two, I'll post the Purpose lyrics for you, I just have to make sure I've got it right first. It's been a while since I sang along to that one...

That's really great. thank you very much. I'll be patiently waiting :)
by the way... just a question... who's singing on "Purpose"? because it doesn't sound anything like Oyvind or even anything like Leif Knashaug !!

iAn ying yang said:
hey man im desperate to hear that song...could some one please post that song ...or send it to me at infinity380@gmail.com, like a christmas present...thack you...hey theres a video clip of spiral architect on the page that they are playing a rare song and then they go with excesit... is on of those video clip you SA had on the page ...im wonder if that song is purpose????
SA bandmates is that purpose or just a jam intro??? right now i think that the song purpose is like a power technical ballad just because of the name ''purpose'' it depends...

Hey dude, you should definately listen to this song very soon... it's really, really amazing... i just wonder why they never included it in "A Sceptic's Universe"... i mean, it's up to Spiral Architect par in musicianship.... but maybe it's cause it doesn't fit into the plan/description that "A Sceptic's Universe" embodies.... I can't be too sure. Maybe one of the SA members can help us here !! As for the videoclip you're referring to... No, the beginning couple of riffs they play before moving to "Excessit" are not in any way part of "Purpose"... they're just some new riffs these guys came up with :) .... so i'm guessing it's a jam intro as u said... or maybe a part of some new song they're working on for the new album ?? :D
As for getting the song "Purpose"... i suggest you try using the Limewire downloading program... I found it using that... so goodluck and tell me what happens :)

kaj said:
It is Leif singing on "Purpose" - don't forget this was more than ten years ago! His voice may have changed a bit since then...

wow... Leif sure sounds great in this song... or should i say he sounded really great 10 years ago!!... not to say that he doesn't sound good at all now, in "Torrents"... but compared to "Purpose", there's quite a difference. Eventhough, i honestly stand corrected from my previous position towards Leif. In the Twisted into Form thread, I said i hated his voice (most probably because the way he entered into the song seemed weird to me).... but to be honest, after listening to "Torrents" quite a number of times, i really got accustomed to his voice.... and i grew to like it... and now i appreciate Mr. Knashaug even more knowing that he was the one who actually took on lead vocals in "Purpose".... so cootoo's to Leif Knashaug :)
**ps: Can't wait for "Then Comes Affliction To Awaken The Dreamer" to come out :D !!! .... if that's still the name of the album :p

iAn ying yang said:
hey dark lord do you still have the song?? please send it to me at infinity380@gmail.com,
take care

yes, I still have it.... and I would be more than glad to send it to you.... but it's going to take me a while to send considering that i have a crappy modem connection.... plus considering that it's 6.4MB .... so please tell me when & if you receive it + tell me what you think of this great song :)

**ps: i'm sending it now as i'm writing this message :)

This is, to the best of my recollection, the lyrics for "Purpose" - hope you'll enjoy them :)

Purpose

So be what you will, know what you are
No worse a kind than animal man
For who better snake than serpent itself?
(Who knows of nothing else)

Reveal to me now all that is real
I will deny, I will deny all
This truth may be yours
I refuse it as mine

Not for the ones who love the lies, the severed ties
Mine’s a critical condition
Lost hopes are carried away
as though they never did stay
Oh please, is there nothing, is there nothing left for those who yearn?

Nothing to ease this pain, I can’t release this shame
It’s all the same – I am still here

Spoken for, occupied, not to be had
This truth may be yours
I refuse it as mine

(I wait on)
Fall from earth and land
Through these hands
Tracing time within this time within this time

(I wait on)
Fall from earth and land
Through these hands
Tracing time within this time within this time

(I wait on)
Nothing to ease this pain, I can’t release this shame
(I wait on)
This truth may be yours, I refuse it as mine
(I wait on)
(I wait on)
Not for the ones who love the lies, the severed ties

kaj said:
This is, to the best of my recollection, the lyrics for "Purpose" - hope you'll enjoy them :)

Thank you very much Mr. Gornitzka... truly appreciated :)
...and to answer Mr. Mickelson: Yes i do see the resemblance between this piece and "Spinning", as Atheist has already insinuated with the :Spin: spinning head thingy :D

This truth may be yours
I refuse it as mine

as opposed to Spinning's:

I will deny, I still deny, I will deny all
These truths were all yours
I refused them as mine

*** one question though: why wasn't "Purpose" included on "A Sceptic's Universe" ? .... musical differences from ASU's concept ? irrelevant lyrics ? or some other reason ??