Purpose !!

Dark Lord said:
*** one question though: why wasn't "Purpose" included on "A Sceptic's Universe" ? .... musical differences from ASU's concept ? irrelevant lyrics ? or some other reason ??
Nothing wrong with the lyrics. At the time the song just felt outdated.

lars k norberg said:
Nothing wrong with the lyrics. At the time the song just felt outdated.

I don't know about that man !! outdated?? I think not !! i mean, many of the SA fans here are listening to "Purpose" now, for the first time (after it's been out for over 10 years), and they're going wildly berserk over the song. Since i made this thread, 2 people in this forum have already asked me to send the mp3 to them... and they replied to me telling me that this song is nothing short of perfection... Another accomplishment in the Spiral Architect chapter if you ask me. well it's 2006, and i still listen to Fates Warning's "Awaken The Guardian" (1986), Metallica's "Master of Puppets" (1986), Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force (1984).... 20 year old music and more.... outdated?? maybe !! ... but these masterpieces still reek of musical perfection, and any metal fan would appreciate them if he listened to them in 1986 or even if he listens to them in 2986. I believe the same applies to "Purpose" :) ... so in my opinion, outdated was not a good excuse for keeping "Purpose" out of the picture !!! :D