Putting on a guitar string

stefan86

invariably off-topic
Feb 19, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.deathdoom.com
My E string just broke.
How the hell is the knot supposed to be when you put a new string on?
Anyone know any links to instructions on how do it or know how do it?
Help me before i kill someone :lol:

stefan86 said:
It snapped at the end where you dont tune it.
The E string has broke like 5 times in 6 months at that end, dunno if its normal.

Your problem is that you probably have a sharp edge in the hole where you put the E string, had this exact same problem on an old KRAMER. Try to round of the edges with an old string (pulling it back and fourth). Or buy some file at a hobby store, if that doesn't work, leave it at a guitar shop and get it hammered GOOD! Happy hunting stefan!

well if he plays a lot it might just be normal wear or maybe his fingers are really acid :O acidity really fucks strings up. I change my strings about every 3 months but my friend changes them every 1-2 months due to his acidity :O

always wipe your strings after you're done playing so they last longer :O strings usually break near the bridge... I've had 2 strings breaking in the middle (fucking weird) before.

BodomiC said:
What Kramer was it? Im buying a Kramer Pacer Custom I USA '89 next month so dont tell me that problem can exist there????

Single pick-up humbucker, reversed neck, a real shit box. Comparable with the cheapo Ibanez:es of the time. It did have a lock-in sys though. A costume line should be ok (read great) but I would have to say to you, go with the new RG Ibanez series or mid ninties ESP costume line, you won't find better freatboards! :saint: