Why do I suck so bad at string skips?

Ptah Khnemu said:
Okay, so I'm looking at some of Romeo's god solos, and I'm thinking to myself "How the hell does he manage to do so many string skips so quickly?" (But then I remember that he is god.) And I wonder to myself "Is there some kind of other technique that can help me with string skips?"

Anyone know any way to get better at string skips? Any technique or any song that's good for practicing string skips?:erk:

Many guitarists have given good tips. I think you can take advice from several of them, but let me give you mine...........

You are 16 years old. You need to try different techniques that are difficult for you. It is important for you to learn those, but for only ONE reason. You need to have a variety of techniques at your disposal in order to create your own style. However, there will be some techniques you can't seem to get, and it is far from the end of the world. If you can't get it, try another technique and come back to it later after you have advanced as a guitarist. If you can never really master it......... big deal. You will have plenty of other techniques at your disposal for writing your own solos.

Bryant

Advice from someone who shouldn't be giving out advice: Start at 40 bpm and do simple string skips. No matter how bored you get keep at it and then gradually do it faster until you can pz0wnz0rz anyone in your school at string skips.

As bad as I am at string skips, I already do pz0wn0rz anyone in my school. Nobdy in my school that plays guitar cares about shredding. They all care about 3 chord, 1 minute long songs. :yuck: I'm the only tr00 shredder, aside from one kid who was here in the Sym X forum for like 3 days, then got banned for being stupid.

^same here. There is only one other shredder in our school. I think im gonna try to get a band together with him when the school year starts off.

Ptah Khnemu said:
As bad as I am at string skips, I already do pz0wn0rz anyone in my school. Nobdy in my school that plays guitar cares about shredding. They all care about 3 chord, 1 minute long songs. :yuck: I'm the only tr00 shredder, aside from one kid who was here in the Sym X forum for like 3 days, then got banned for being stupid.
Hehe I remember that kid, he was the only other person I've seen that could be nearly as obnoxious as jojo. If I remember correctly, didn't they get banned at the same time? For fighting with each other?

Yeah, one registerred here because I was here and thought I'd be his little sidekick with all the arguments, and the other really didn't want to register, but the first made him. They got banned because the bitchy one was bitching at me.
But I really didn't think he'd be considered on the same level as Jojo. :err: