Q and A

A: Mine may be from the same song, this is just "one" of my favorite lyrics, not my absolute favorite, but from that song it's "I envy the writers and the poets who know/ the way to the places where poetry grows/ there is no harvest, if you never sow/ so I bet steal and borrow wherever I go! I can't write poetry at all, so this one seems especially cool to me, hehe.

Q: Do you like Dan Swano? Hahahhaha, sorry couldn't think of a better one.....

--Q: Name five songs from the three previous released Nightingalealbums, that you hope will be a referance to the new album--

A: Scarred for Life, Alonely, So long, Alive Again pt. 1, The Dreamreader

Q: How would you explain the music from Unicorn to a deaf person?

A: i would say it's very emotional,soft,easy to get into and a bit of progressive music and since i doubt he would understand this descriptions i would add how lucky and unlucky he is that he can't listen to the sorrow song.....

Q: Is there any Nightingale song that makes you cry?

Q: Is there any Nightingale song that makes you cry?

A. Yes there are many, but I'd have to say "Alonely". That song touches me so deeply, when I hear it, it is like Dan is singing the sountrack of my life. It's the worst feeling to be alone and have no one...and that song brings those emotions out from inside me, thus making me shed a few tears.

Q. Did anyone see Nightingale at last years Progpower festival?

--i would say it's very emotional,soft,easy to get into ...--

Oh, intersting, I wouldn't say this. I had a lot of problems getting into Unicorn after knowing only "dark" stuff from Dan. The first thing I heard from Unicorn was the track and the album Emotional Wasteland, and it was just too poppy for me, but then I fell in love. :) There was no way out.
I'm glad I'm not deaf by the way...

@ Gurgelguff:
So, you'll make my day when it's out!? :loco:
Coooooooooooooooooool.

Q: Favorite Swano guest appearance....

A: His vocal part on a song he didn't do yet for CLARET. :lol:
Hope he does some day. Dan, you know what I mean? ;)

Q: Which Nightingale album has the best vocal sound effect in your eyes?

So long

NICO

Q: Which Nightingale album has the best vocal sound effect in your eyes?

Does the use of the Nightfall Overture chorus to end Eye For An Eye count? :)

Q: What Swano project that has not released a full-length album would you like to see one for? I'll answer my own question: ODYSSEY!

Q: Nightingale best with Dan only, with a helping hand from Dag, or as a band?

A: I really like the Dan/Dag collaboration. We get to see Dan by himself so often, I like to see how he and his brother make music, because they're both great!

Q: If you had to give up just one Swano CD, which one would it be?

A: That's a tough one, but I think my choice is The Masque. Maybe Unorthodox.

Q: Which would you rather have Dan release after Nightingale, Bloodbath and Second Sky: new Infestdead, an Odyssey full length or a Karaboudjan full length?

A: I'd rather have a Odyssey full length release. I am Two is one of the best songs I've heard...by anyone.

Q: What, (if any) improvements could Dan make to his music? Very vague question, I know. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Swarm
Q: What, (if any) improvements could Dan make to his music? Very vague question, I know. :rolleyes:
Well, this isn't exactly a creative musical improvement, but here goes:
Sometimes there are some mis-pronounciations in his vocals. This doesn't happen very often, but since I'm a critical bastard about anything done by someone other than myself, these things get to me a bit. I'm thinking of the occasional 'ch' coming out as a 'sh', the "thy fallen thou shall rise" line on "In Remembrance" (by Therion), etc.

Hmm...speaking of Therion, I do wonder what might come out if Dan dabbled a bit with bombastic symphonic type stuff. That has the potential of much coolness.

My question:
Oh I dunno... pick a favourite:
"Nightfall Overture" VS. "Alive Again"

Nightfall Overture

Hmm, trying to make sense of what I want to ask. Do you ever have a lyric from one of Dan's songs pop into your head in the middle of day to day stuff? If so, what lyric? And, what are you doing?

"When the fox gnaws - smile!"
-Lazarus Long

Hmm, trying to make sense of what I want to ask. Do you ever have a lyric from one of Dan's songs pop into your head in the middle of day to day stuff? If so, what lyric? And, what are you doing?

A: That`s happened a lot! I dunno why, but "I wonder if you can keep a secret" often pops into my head for no reason.

Q: Your view on MOONTOWER?

Moontower seemed rather young and new...would use the word immature, but it seems to have a bad connotation....and I don't mean it in negative light...just compared to more recent work...it seems naive...but that is alluring in its own way...the frailty is what enhances it for me...guess, overall, I rather like it...makes me smile...very boyish...

What kind of things does the word 'Moontower' invoke in you?

"It has long been known that one horse can run faster than another - but which one? Differences are crucial."
-Lazarus Long