Queensryche Karaoke Singer?! Did anyone hear this Thursday????

darkeknight2005

New Metal Member
Sep 18, 2005
Hey, does anybody know who the chick was who was singing the Queensryche in Vinyl after the pre-show? She was f**king AMAZING!!!! Sounded like Tate spot on!! I heard it from upstairs and thought maybe there was a second show going on downstairs. I tried to find out who she was but couldn't find out much. First name Jen? was sitting with the guy who played bass on DC Cooper's set. That's all I know. If anybody knows anything about this chick, if she's got a band, CD's or whatever, PLEASE let me know!

:hotjump: -Dave

darkeknight2005 said:
Hey, does anybody know who the chick was who was singing the Queensryche in Vinyl after the pre-show? She was f**king AMAZING!!!! Sounded like Tate spot on!! I heard it from upstairs and thought maybe there was a second show going on downstairs. I tried to find out who she was but couldn't find out much. First name Jen? was sitting with the guy who played bass on DC Cooper's set. That's all I know. If anybody knows anything about this chick, if she's got a band, CD's or whatever, PLEASE let me know!

She was freaking awesome !!! I think her name was Jen. I don't know her story, but I take it she has performed live before. I think she's a local from the Atlanta area, and may not have even attened prog power at all. I'm sure some locals that lurk or post here might have some more info for you. Her rendition of The Queen Of The Reich blew me away !!!

Britt

I wish I would have seen this, I am a huge Tate fan.... if she is local I would like to know who she is for sure...would love to catch her band or maybe another karaoke experience from her.... :)

nice to meet you britt btw.

Holy shit, she was incredible!! When I first saw the metal karaoke, I thought it'd be a joke, but she hit the staeg and just slayed! If she's not in a band, it's a crime.

Oh, and I have no clue who she is.

rottingflesh said:
I wish I would have seen this, I am a huge Tate fan.... if she is local I would like to know who she is for sure...would love to catch her band or maybe another karaoke experience from her.... :)

nice to meet you britt btw.
Maybe Shaye can dig up some info on her for us ? I had a great time chatting with you here and there all weekend long. We sure seemed to make all the rounds.

Britt

Hey guys. Here's what I wrote in my review about Jen:

Special runner up, or maybe winner, for vocals at the show: “Jen” at Vinyl singing karaoke after the preparty. This unassuming looking short girl comes up to the stage to sing Queensryche's “Eyes of a Stranger”. A bunch of us at the bar cringed in unison at the thought of someone butchering this classic song. Well, I saw QR this summer, and I swear that this girl sounded better than Geoff Tate does now. She proceeded to sing 5 more songs (4 QR, including the 'Queen of the Reich' and The Lady Wore Black, plus one Steelhart tune), and she hit EVERY note. I mean every damn note, screech, growl, scream . . . She could have passed for a young Tate. We were all blown away. Jen for PPVII

Full review thread here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209242

I was so stunned by her contribution that I had to let her know. She said that currently she is not in any band, but is working on a project named "Crone" (I think I heard that correctly), and trying to put a band together.

I really don't think she needs a band. I think QR needs to kick off Tate and hire Jen so they can play all the old songs. :headbang:

Steve in Philly

DarkOne said:
Well, I saw QR this summer, and I swear that this girl sounded better than Geoff Tate does now.
I caught her performance of Eyes of a Stranger before I left for the night. Awesome. Make sense that a chick singing with power sounds better than a dude trying to sing like a chick.

Joe

My friend Debbie and I were on our way out the door when we heard "Queen of the Reich" being sung. We immediately ran in to find this lady singing. She was outstanding! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I would have loved to have heard her do Eye's of a Stranger. I'd say she surpasses Geoff Tate!

I sure as hell hope we have Metal Karoake next year!!!

Hey guys.

The singer you heard is Jen Martire. She hails from Pittsburgh PA and has been part of the metal and prog scene there for years. The last band she was in was a prog-metal act called Mindframe.

Jen and I have a rock opera studio project that we have been working together on for the past few years called Krone. DC Cooper is our producer (I was the guy playing bass for the last couple of songs of DC's set).

I'll be sure to pass along your comments to Jen :)

-Chris Lehmier

Thanks, Chris! Please do pass along our comments, and keep us posted on the board about any project dates. I really do think she had one of the best voices of the whole weekend..

Steve in Philly

P.S. - Crone . . . Krone . . . I was close.

We wandered down to the bar, I few minutes before she did her first song. I heard the opening notes of "Eyes of a Stranger". I looked at my wife, rolled my eyes, and thought, "Great, someone is drunk enough to think they can sing Queensryche." Holy shit that chick can sing.

Let her headline the pre-party next year with a microphone and a karaoke machine.

Zod

The singer you heard is Jen Martire. She hails from Pittsburgh PA and has been part of the metal and prog scene there for years. The last band she was in was a prog-metal act called Mindframe.

AHA!!!!!!!!!! That's exactly who I thought she was... I remember that Mindframe EP being pretty kickass, and I was going to buy one, but I was poor at the time. You don't know where a brotha can pick one up, do you?

booB said:

AHA!!!!!!!!!! That's exactly who I thought she was... I remember that Mindframe EP being pretty kickass, and I was going to buy one, but I was poor at the time. You don't know where a brotha can pick one up, do you?

Thanks Chris! Man, all I can say is you've got one KILLER singer there! You need to get her up on the main stage or something. Next year's pre-show at the very LEAST. When will your CD be out? I definitely wanna see you guys live. Gonna start the PPVII chant now: KRONE! KRONE! KRONE! Also where can I get a Mindframe CD? Does Jen have any other stuff out? Thanks, bro.

Wow I wish I had known about this. I didn't know there was metal karaoke in the Vinyl on Thursday. I spent a good majority of the night a little three sheets to the wind, so I suppose it's no wonder I didn't know. It sounds like it was a great time and I hope to hear some of this Krone project!

Tammy

Hey guys, I found a page about Jen: <link deleted at artist's request>
The link to the band site is dead, but it's for Mindframe (her old band, right? no longer together?). There's a pic though and contact info though.

Chris- What's the website for Krone?

-Dave

Hey, guys. Believe me we would like nothing more than to play the pre-show. We have some pretty good contacts already but if you guys help to stir the pot a little from the forum community it could become be a possiblity :)

As for the website, we will be publishing our site in the final months as the project nears completion (hopefully early next year). We'll keep you guys posted.

One thing however, if you guys would like to email Jen please do not use the address from the site listed in darkenight's post. Instead you can contact her at jen.martire at Gmail dot com.

Darkenight, can you please delete the url from your post? Jen uses the email in that account for business purposes.

Thanks, guys!
-Chris

Yes I heard that gal singing that song. I could swear she had balls! Wow she was great. She started off a little out of key but quickly overcame that and totally slayed on the rest of the song. Good job whoever you were girl!

Chris-L said:
Hey, guys. Believe me we would like nothing more than to play the pre-show. We have some pretty good contacts already but if you guys help to stir the pot a little from the forum community it could become be a possiblity :)

As for the website, we will be publishing our site in the final months as the project nears completion (hopefully early next year). We'll keep you guys posted.

One thing however, if you guys would like to email Jen please do not use the address from the site listed in darkenight's post. Instead you can contact her at jen.martire at Gmail dot com.

Darkenight, can you please delete the url from your post? Jen uses the email in that account for business purposes.

Thanks, guys!
-Chris

Done, bro. Sorry about that. didn't realize. Keep us posted on the Krone release!

Shaye- Book Jen's band for next year's pre-show!!!!!!

-Dave (stirrin' up the PPVII pot!)