Question about Bodom solos.

SSJ4SephirothX said:
Wow, that's it? Damn! But Ale does play some of the, what would you call them, backround overlays? (Does that work?)

NP: Rhapsody - When Demons Awake

I know what you mean....maybe interludes or guitar-fills?! He also plays some melodies, for example that one in Bed of Razors....

Needled24Seven said:
alexi always does the leads
No Alexi doesn't always do the leads, watch the vids, listen...watch? Ale plays fill in Deadnight warrior, and as mentioned other SW tracks. So Ale has been doing so since the start of CoB, to my understanding.

I saw a live video of Hate Me, and Ale plays a solo too.
So I think that Alexi plays most of the solos, but Ale does some of them as well!

yeah at live vid from seul we all can see that aluu even plays the solo part that is under his vocal lines in Kissing the Shadows... that fucking rule :D

Ale f/e plays that classical part at hatebreeder song :D He also fucking rule :Spin:

Well it is good to see that people are actually acknowledging (sp??) Ale.

Alexi is a great guitarist, but too many CoB fans like the band because of alexi...Alexi would not be part of CoB without the other members, it would be "alexi laiho solo project" which would consist of shredding and scale solos, maybe people would like it, but it wouldn't be what he plays now. Why can't the majority of people praise the rest of the band, Hennka and Ale get shit all credit...and I as one have left them out as "evolving in talent" as i heard HCDR, but i felt their sound didn't feel too good, but then again, i hated the album, so all the members lose in my books.

well now comes the slaughter...the below 17 year old comments... (sorry for the intelligent in the group)

asphyXy said:
the downfall video shows alexi playing the main lead parts while he sings.
Bad example. It's a film clip, not a live video. I think Silent Night, Bodom Night (live) is a good example. You can see when Alexi is singing (screaming...whatever) he is usually playing rhythm parts. Alexander is playing a lot of the lead parts. I cant cant say that this happens all the time as I have never seen them play live, and the leads on Bed of Razors are easy anyway (thats the only other live clip I have seen).

Ale does one solo on SW indeed, for the rest alexi does all the MAIN solo's, but as some other said ale does some lead parts you hear in the songs too, I saw them live and alexi did al main solo's but there are plenty of times that alexi playes chords and ale did some leads, like indeed dw as you can also see in the clip. Other exaple: Bodom after Midnight: when alexi sings "bodom after midnight"(you know which peace i mean) at that time alexi plays chords and ale plays lead. But there are also songs where alexi does almost all leads.