question about copyrighting

Blake

ekalB
Aug 17, 2005
i don't want anyone to steal anything i record, so do i need to get a copyright for it or something? or do i automatically have rights so ppl cant steal my music? i'm not sure what i need to do.

Well, there's always the old fool proof method.. make copies of the original tracks, mail them to yourself and never open the envelope. The government will time stamp the envelope and if someone ever stole any of your ideas you have the evidence to sue them, but I don't know about official copyrighting.. google it.

GhostOfPerdition said:
Well, there's always the old fool proof method.. make copies of the original tracks, mail them to yourself and never open the envelope. The government will time stamp the envelope and if someone ever stole any of your ideas you have the evidence to sue them, but I don't know about official copyrighting.. google it.

wow would of never thought of that, thanks man.

soon as you have it recorded its technically copyrighted to you....no need to mail it anywhere...but if you want to go ahead and pay for the US copyright, be my guest.

wait....why are we having this conversation?

why the fuck are you worried about people stealing your music???

pussy

seriously? how self-important and vain do you have to be in order to worry about people stealing your homemade music???

dilema1362 said:
seriously? how self-important and vain do you have to be in order to worry about people stealing your homemade music???

it's not that, i was just always curious about it. i just record things for fun, it isn't important to me at all.

dilema1362 said:
soon as you have it recorded its technically copyrighted to you....no need to mail it anywhere...but if you want to go ahead and pay for the US copyright, be my guest.

wait....why are we having this conversation?

why the fuck are you worried about people stealing your music???

pussy

Well Alexi is know for it :p

well, idk i didn't mean to make it seem that way. i just figured everyone wouldn't want someone to steal something they've worked on a few hours or longer on. and if there's just a simple solution to that, i just wanted to know. right now, there's no way i would pay for a copyright, or go through any process like that.

GhostOfPerdition said:

:worship:

Hats down to you man! What a great idea!

good idea, I'll get a 70ies envelope containing some ad, open it on the vapour, put a cassete in it, and prove I've written smoke on the water :Spin:

BloodyScalpel said:
good idea, I'll get a 70ies envelope containing some ad, open it on the vapour, put a cassete in it, and prove I've written smoke on the water :Spin:

"dude, I totally wrote it man, I just didn't know it was stolen untill now!"

Blake .. i hope the avatar and status arent influenced by a song called : call on me

Dude, seriously...

I have no fucking comment.

Battleheart is the complete antithesis of what you're trying to acheive.

WE're pirate metal... and thus, when we finish our CD, instead of selling it. We're gonna hide it on torrent sites and P2P and people have to prove their pirate mettle and find it themselves.

-Gavin- said:
Dude, seriously...

I have no fucking comment.

Battleheart is the complete antithesis of what you're trying to acheive.

WE're pirate metal... and thus, when we finish our CD, instead of selling it. We're gonna hide it on torrent sites and P2P and people have to prove their pirate mettle and find it themselves.

fucking awesome:worship: :worship: :worship:

i probably should have put...."use"my music, like steal my exact song and say it's their song. i don't mean "steal" as in downloading one of my songs. i make songs for people to download and enjoy...i don't sell my music and i never plan on doing that. i put it in the wrong way i think.