Question about Pod farm!

HaydenLM1

Aug 21, 2011
Hey guys!
Im having a problem with the usage of the CPU when using Podfarm!
Is there anyway of applying Podfarm to all the guitar channels instead of applying the podfarm into EVERY guitar channel ?

Im using Cubase 5..
I was trying to open the podfarm on a group channel and send all the guitar tracks there, but they were fighting over gain and volume ? (if that makes sense?) they are buried under each other when theres more then 2 guitars...
if you dont know what i mean, ill post some examples guys!

Thanks!

If it's tracking you're doing and you're concerned about making it easier..
Consolidate all your guitar takes into one track [be it GTR L, GTR R, GTR Lead, whatever you're tracking..] and as soon as you've tracked all takes for the song/whatever, freeze the track. Then, you can track the next GTR and do the same.

There's a little snowflake button on the Track Panel. Good stuff.

If it's during mixing where you need to have multiple instances open, I suggest buying better computer hardware to deal with the load.

As far as I know, there's no way to apply one instance of POD Farm to many tracks without it sounding weird or something, so the way I've described above is the alternative method I've taken to deal with CPU issues.

Is there anyway of applying Podfarm to all the guitar channels instead of applying the podfarm into EVERY guitar channel ?

NO. Don't do this. If you do you'll just get the mess you already have. What he said above is right. If you've got a tone you like, freeze it. Or buy a better computer.

You could also print tracks from pod farm to another audio track, but if you can freeze it, I don't know why you'd do that instead...