question about slate room sound in kontakt

dankarghh

Nov 26, 2009
Australia
i bought the slate EX no brainer with the gogs a while back when it was on sale. my harddrive recently crashed that had all the gog files on it, which i primarily used for room sounds (kontakt + midi otherwise).

Now i had the slate install files on another drive, so i have it all running fine through kontakt, but no longer having the gogs. I have 2 questions:

Why in kontakt does the room knob have no effect what so ever, i'd be happy enough using snares and turning off the close mic and using the room that way, but i don't get a signal??? why??? neither room choice makes a sound.

failing that, is there anyway to get my hands on those old gogs once again??

is this a common problem or am i missing something here. I'd really appreciate some insight.

can room samples can be blended with close mic via kontakt??

The rooms have three settings for each of the kit pieces: Off, NRG, SSD Then a knob for each. The room mics usually come up on a different fader in the output section of Kontakt.

It sounds like either you have the room set to off or the output isn't going anywhere.

thanks for the reply man, sorted it out i think. I'm no midi whiz, but if i open the output i can see the channel there, configured the output to kt st1 and 2 for L and R respectively, seems to do the trick. Yeah?