Question about the Kick-Off (for my sanity)

That's what happens when you deal with the band directly. The booking agent is the one that tends to post the dates and send out a release. If he is not involved in the show, then it doesn't make his sheet.

I am probably 80% that I will buy a ticket for Wednesday and Thursday. Have been unemployed for quite some time and am definitely planning to make the trip for Fri/Sat…but wanted some extra flexibility in case the extra time off was a deal-breaker in terms of securing a new job.

I bought mine the same day they went on sale as well but I think I'll grab a few for friends now to help things along...

This. I understand people delaying because they don't know if they're able to go or not. However, the last thing we want is for this show or future pp kickoff shows to be canceled. Considering the work Shane put in to get this lineup, I would hate for that to happen.

i am kind of in this boat since we are getting there that evening and I am having a tough time selling Accept w/o Udo to my wife. So that is my main reason for waiting until the door to buy tickets.

If I may, any fans of John Arch style vox, and Symphony Xish music will really enjoy 6MC. They are a FANTASTIC live band, and their new stuff simply slays.

Thanks for the continued input :)

Yeah - I gotta second that. 6MC's first CD, "Time Capsules" was heavy with a bit more Prog. Their new stuff, which they will play, is much darker and heavier. Wait till you hear "Paying Death's Toll" with it's opening bass solo and "Still Remains" with it's old school Metallica vibes!! SHIT - this is the kind of sounds that make me continue to love metal for the last 30+ years!!!!!

If you're on the fence, GET YOUR TIX NOW!!!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Chris :headbang:

I've never gotten into Accept...but that's a million times better than Balls to the Wall. I'll have to give them another listen.

Unfortunately, not coming out for the Wednesday/Thursday shows so won't be seeing them live. Coming from the west coast makes the 2-day show a 4-day event and that's about all the time off I could muster. I'll have to come out for a week in the future.

Personally, I prefer Mark to Udo, but understand the opposite preference. Perhaps try swaying her with the social element. It's where the party will be.

I'm with you there. I know I will get flamed for this, but I find Mark to be more diverse and easy to take than UDO. Udo has grown on me though. At first, I couldn't stand him.

Yeah - I gotta second that. 6MC's first CD, "Time Capsules" was heavy with a bit more Prog. Their new stuff, which they will play, is much darker and heavier. Wait till you hear "Paying Death's Toll" with it's opening bass solo and "Still Remains" with it's old school Metallica vibes!! SHIT - this is the kind of sounds that make me continue to love metal for the last 30+ years!!!!!

If you're on the fence, GET YOUR TIX NOW!!!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Chris :headbang:

I've heard their songs on Myspace and I guess I can't get past the singer. Don't know why. Then again, last year I didn't care much for Future's End before the fest, but I was blown away during their performance and picked up their cd. I expect this to be a possibility with this band as well.

i am kind of in this boat since we are getting there that evening and I am having a tough time selling Accept w/o Udo to my wife.

Udo is the main reason I never got into Accept. I never cared for his voice. However, I will be there Thursday night. Accept are legendary enough that I want to see them at least once.

I've heard their songs on Myspace and I guess I can't get past the singer. Don't know why. Then again, last year I didn't care much for Future's End before the fest, but I was blown away during their performance and picked up their cd. I expect this to be a possibility with this band as well.

Futures End blew me away last year, too. And was one of my most played CDs from my haul, in regular rotation for at least a month. I've seen some pretty terrible opening acts and undercards in my time. Futures End was the antithesis - one of the highlights of the whole weekend.

6MC has some big shoes to fill and I hope they slay it. Very much looking forward to the rest of the evening regardless. Should be an excellent show.

Shane - If I had a more reliable income going on and no projects so close to the Week scheduled, I'd have bought tickets, simply to help support your work.
Same with Glenn.

Hopefully next year. Every time I come down to Atlanta for the fests, I have a total blast.

Brother Shane! If things go as planned, there will be a couple friends of mine making the trek to Atlanta, both are huge accept fans. If one or both of them show, you can be guranteed a ticket for each....

Are they Cubs fans? :p

No seriously, thanks guys. Things seems to be looking a bit better. I'll know more next week.

Shane

Why yes, yes they are! :Smokedev:
:saint:

Although, we have NOTHING to be a fan about this year..... ;)

Glad things are looking better, I think you'll have a decent crowd for this...
I'll be there! :headbang:

Hell I have nothing to cheer about in baseball either!

And you better be there! Kelly Joe will have a special task for you on Thursday ;)

But......THE SAINTS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put that on some rice!!!! :headbang: