Question about the Kick-Off (for my sanity)

Finally ordered my tickets this evening; I can't believe I'm actually going to see ACCEPT again...I just realized the only other time I've seen them was exactly 25 years and 2 days ago!!!!!!! :kickass:

Hell I have nothing to cheer about in baseball either!

And you better be there! Kelly Joe will have a special task for you on Thursday ;)

But......THE SAINTS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put that on some rice!!!! :headbang:

Yeah, ppusa is no fun sports-wise when both teams are so far out of it...:lol:

Re: Special task - Oh shit, does this require nipple clamps, AGAIN? :yell:

See ya in a month! :headbang:

Hey Shane, do you happen to know what the set times will be? Due to a possible change, I may not be able to see the first band or two, but I definitely don't want to miss Accept.

Hey Shane, do you happen to know what the set times will be?

Thursday Kick-Off Schedule:

Gold Badge Doors: 5:00pm
Regular Doors: 6:00pm

Accept (Germany) 10:45 - close
Leprous (Norway) 9:15 - 10:15
Borealis (Canada) 8:00 - 8:45
Six Minute Century (Texas, USA) 6:45 - 7:30

~Jen

WOOOOO LEPROUSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Everyone seems to be giving shout outs to Accept, but Leprous is where its at!!!

They're the number 2 band that I'm looking for that night and probably 5th overall in terms of the whole weekend. I just don't know if I'm gonna be able to catch them or not.

Let me remind you all what happened with ProgPower Scandinavia ... due to lack of presales we had to cancel the festival. As a booking agent you can not rely on the fact that people will show up at the door and buy tickets.

c.

I've experienced something just like this myself. A couple of years ago, I was excited to get to see Suspyre to play at Jaxx, along with Odin's Court. I can't recall if Dark Empire was to play there as well.

Anyway, I was in the camp that I'll just buy a ticket at the door instead of paying the rip-off Ticket Bastard fees. After all, it was only like a $12 ticket and figured it would be just easier to buy it at the door.

Well, the show ended up getting canceled! The reason, as I was told, was that NOT A SINGLE PRE-SALE TICKET WAS SOLD!! I've heard and been told that there were several other folks that was also going to go to this show, but just buy the tickets there. Of course, from a business point of view, Jay cannot run a club like that and only pray and hope that people show up at these shows.

I ended up having to drive up to Allentown, PA to go see this same show, as I really wanted to see Suspyre, plus I wanted to show my support for Odin's Court.

Well, for this "Kick-off" show, as 'Diamond45' already pointed out, he got both the tickets for himself and myself. So I'll definitely be there (barring no major airline fuck-ups like what happened when I tried to go to Arkansas back in June).

I've never gotten into Accept...but that's a million times better than Balls to the Wall. I'll have to give them another listen.

OH tell me about it! I've never really gotten into Accept either, as I only remember them from the "Balls to the Walls" day. That video that Glenn posted was just plain sick! :headbang:

If that is what I got to look forward to seeing from these guys, then damn! I'll have to go back and re-listen to some of their stuff as well as see what they have come up with since the "Balls To the Walls" days. I hope they do have some of their albums with them for sale. I may have to at least pick up that album with that song from the video on it!

As to all the comments about Six-Minute Century. I have their album and thought it kicked ass! I'll be looking forward to seeing these guys live and perhaps getting their new album.

I picked up an Accept CD at FYE so I can pimp the show a bit more effectively on WREKage....to my surprise, the only Accept album remaining in the record/CD vault was Metal Heart on vinyl.

WOOOOO LEPROUSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Everyone seems to be giving shout outs to Accept, but Leprous is where its at!!!

Dude it is Accept !!! While they may be no different than any other band as far as some will dig them and some won't, I don't think there has ever been a band to play PPUSA that has a legendary status quite like Accept.

OH tell me about it! I've never really gotten into Accept either, as I only remember them from the "Balls to the Walls" day. That video that Glenn posted was just plain sick! :headbang:

Accept released seven albums after BttW, not including the upcoming release and compilations.

I picked up an Accept CD at FYE so I can pimp the show a bit more effectively on WREKage....to my surprise, the only Accept album remaining in the record/CD vault was Metal Heart on vinyl.

Metal Heart is my favorite. I have owned a couple of vinyl, countless cassettes and a a few CDs of that one. Great disc.

As far as tix...... I ordered mine the week they went on sale. Unfortunately, I don't need them now, as my wife and I are Accept sponsors, but I'll sell them at the show I am sure.

Bryant

Shane, have you thought of doing a gold badge like the main fest? It seems to work for Glenn and I would rather give a little extra money to you then Ticketmaster. I have given them to much over the years which is why I am buying at the door. Any time I can avoid the fees I will do so. Just an idea.

I've heard their songs on Myspace and I guess I can't get past the singer. Don't know why. Then again, last year I didn't care much for Future's End before the fest, but I was blown away during their performance and picked up their cd. I expect this to be a possibility with this band as well.

That's cool, but kinda ironic - The singer is what drew Lance to them in the first place - and he ended up signing them!! To each his own - I know a LOT of people that don't care for the "eunich" singer sound.

Chris :headbang:

Just an update. Sales are still really slow. Even after this post, and our add placed in the local rag. Here's praying for lots of walk ups, and people purchasing their tickets very soon :kickass:

Shane
Ok, I just bought mine despite my extreme aversion to paying those TM fees. Didn't want to let you down, though. Just sent a text to Dave and Michelle and they'll probably get theirs after work. Know it's not much, but hope it helps.

Ok, I just bought mine despite my extreme aversion to paying those TM fees. Didn't want to let you down, though. Just sent a text to Dave and Michelle and they'll probably get theirs after work. Know it's not much, but hope it helps.

I totally understand the aversion to TM. I have the same thing. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do :(

That being said, I truly appreciate the fact that you were willing to bite the bullet to help out the show.

I may be concerned for nothing, but numbers don't lie. And that is really all I have to go on.

Thanks again!!!! Catch me at the show, and I'll buy a round!!!!!!!!

Shane