Question about the Roland SPD-S

Unavailable

May 28, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Any of you guys know if the SPD-S can take two triggers? I'm looking for a sampler to trigger my own kick samples with, but I need it to have two inputs for triggers, and I can't tell if the SPD-S can take two or just one.

it definitely does 2 triggers in!

BUTTTT

you neeed to have a Y cable, so 2 mono TRS to a stereo TRS.
my drummer triggers both of his kicks live (he has 2 bass drums) doing it this way.

they're really cool.

Hey guys, I have a similar question.

I don't personally know how to work the SPD-S, but our other guitarist does. We wanted to mess around with this same concept, but I'm not quite sure how to go about setting it up. In our case, we'd only need 1 trigger, but can anyone describe how to set up the unit to work with the trigger hooked up?

Ah gotcha. Thanks man! I guess I'll have to go from two XLR to a stereo TRS, since I'm using 2 DDrum Pro Kick Triggers.
ahh they have XLR outs from the triggers?
yeah thats what kind of lead you'll need.

Hey guys, I have a similar question.

I don't personally know how to work the SPD-S, but our other guitarist does. We wanted to mess around with this same concept, but I'm not quite sure how to go about setting it up. In our case, we'd only need 1 trigger, but can anyone describe how to set up the unit to work with the trigger hooked up?

with one trigger. you need a mono TRS lead. depending on the ouput of the trigger. as just stated, the DDrum Pro triggers have an XLR output so you'll need XLR to TRS, otherwise the roland triggers have TRS outputs so you'll just need like a standard guitar lead.

Yeah, I understand that....but how do you actually set up the SPD-S to recognize the triggered kicks as a sample thats stored in/on one of the pads, is that how it works?