Question about using premixed samples, and unprocessed ones.

Pr0z4kk

Jul 18, 2017
Hi,
I was wondering what's your opinion on using already mixed samples, like a lot of kontakt libraries,ssd and ezdrummer. Even despite the fact that the task of audio engineer( as far as I'm concenred) is to provide the best possible sound to the client, i feel like using already mixed(even in a slight way) seems a little bit like cheating.

The second question is what kontakt libraries,plugins, samples you guys know. I already know superior drummer( Not all of expansions are raw though), and addictive drums(same thing like in superior drummer case).
Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

What's cheating? Isn't drum plugins cheating instead of using a real drummer? Isn't samples cheating? Isn't ampsims cheating instead of using a real tube amp? Isn't cheating to record bit by bit instead of the whole riff/song? Isn't Melodyne cheating to correct tones? Ask your self does it gets you there where you want to or not. That's all that matters. A listener only ask him/herself do I like this or not? Pro's don't give shit about discussions what others consider cheating. If it works, the work is done.

Reactions: Pr0z4kk and nezvers