Question for the Ladies in the band...

Khan71

Aug 5, 2006
You've already played one Maiden song that I have always dreamed of hearing live, at the first show I was at in San Diego. That was "Still Life"!

I'm curious...have you ever considered playing "Flash Of The Blade" live? I think it's one of the most overlooked, and fantastic songs...and it kills me that Maiden have never played it live!

i know most people don't like the album, but they played the clansman at irvine with bruce; it was great! love to hear that one

hey metallikat,
that's what i meant to say. i heard the guys play it and would love to hear the maidenS play it, too.

Metallicat180 said:
I love the intro to that song, it's awesome!!!

I was listening to Fear Of The Dark the other day and I would love to hear them doing Afraid To Shoot Strangers or From Here To Enternity. :headbang:

Afraid to Shoot Strangers would be great, but not the other, also I wish BQOBD was played less often.

I'd like to see Linda do the opening of The Fugitive. That is such a hard hitting drum intro. :kickass:

Pfft! Jeff I like BQOBD.:p Although for an opening I would love to see Where Eagles Dare. I talked to Linda on that one but she would rather be warmed up a few songs before hitting something like that. Maybe I'll beg to at least have it in the setlist next time I go see them. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Jim

Jeff Milne said:
I didn't say never play it.

Just yanking ya Jeff. :) I think it is a great opening song and really like it. But if I had to choose an opener I think Aces is better and WED would just totally kick ass. :kickass:

I'd love to see Invaders as well.

Jim

Khan71 said:
You've already played one Maiden song that I have always dreamed of hearing live, at the first show I was at in San Diego. That was "Still Life"!

I'm curious...have you ever considered playing "Flash Of The Blade" live? I think it's one of the most overlooked, and fantastic songs...and it kills me that Maiden have never played it live!

Flash of the Blade is a cool song! I likes. We've considered almost everything you could imagine! LOL! It's hard to pick what to add next sometimes! :)

yeah i love the way the drums come in... hey but with three guitar harmonies it'd be hard to pick which note to leave out! wait.... you know, now that i think about it....a couple double stops... hmmmm....

skott with a k said:
hey metallikat,
that's what i meant to say. i heard the guys play it and would love to hear the maidenS play it, too.

Sorry duder, I misunderstood you. Alot of people some on here and think it's just a Maiden board. As a fiercely proud Scot, I would love to hear them do The Clansman. Aja promised me that if they ever come to Scotland, they'll definately do that one! :lol: :D

Jeff Milne said:
Afraid to Shoot Strangers would be great, but not the other, also I wish BQOBD was played less often.

I love From Here To Enternity!! It's great on Donington 1992. :kickass:

Oh just so everyone has a note, here's my list of all the songs the girls have done over the years.

Songs performed by The Iron Maidens.

Iron Maiden

1. Prowler
2. Remember Tomorrow
3. Running Free
4. Phantom Of The Opera
5. Transylvania
6. Iron Maiden

Killers

1. The Ides Of March
2. Wrathchild
3. Murders In The Rue Morgue
4. Ghengis Khan
5. Killers
6. Purgatory

The Number Of The Beast

1. Invaders
2. Children Of The Damned
3. The Prisoner
4. 22 Acacia Avenue
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Run To The Hills
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Piece Of Mind

1. Where Eagles Dare
2. Revelations
3. Flight Of Icarus
4. Die With Your Boots On
5. The Trooper
6. Still Life

Powerslave

1. Aces High
2. Two Minutes To Midnight
3. Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
4. Powerslave
5. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Somewhere In Time

1. Caught Somewhere In Time
2. Wasted Years
3. Stranger In A Strange Land

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

1. Moonchild
2. Infinite Dreams
3. Can I Play With Madnes
4. The Evil That Men Do
5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6. The Clairvoyant

No Prayer For The Dying

1. Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter

Fear Of The Dark

1. Be Quick Or Be Dead
2. Fear Of The Dark
3. Wasting Love

Brave New World

1. The Wicker Man
2. Blood Brothers

Please tell me if I'm missing any!!

MiniMurray said:
yeah i love the way the drums come in... hey but with three guitar harmonies it'd be hard to pick which note to leave out! wait.... you know, now that i think about it....a couple double stops... hmmmm....

You go Sara! If you and Liz can figure a way to do Flash it would be an awesome track.

One of the treats of a Maidens show is hearing the ones Maiden doesn't do. :headbang:

Invaders has been played, but maybe only by the 3rd line up, I hope it returns.

I'm with you on that Jeff. I never head Maiden perform that one live. Hell I only got to see the real IM twice, but I'm up to about 6 Maidens shows.

Not gonna catch up to you though. :lol:

Jim

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Flash of the Blade is a cool song! I likes. We've considered almost everything you could imagine! LOL! It's hard to pick what to add next sometimes! :)

We'll help ya! New ones I'd like to hear:

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Flash of the Blade
Back in the Village
Deja Vu

Metallicat180 said:
The ladies are never gonna please us all!!! :lol:

True but we can beg for our favorites. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Judas My Guide for example. But alas you are right there is so much Maiden material they will never be able to do everything.

One thing they do quite well is vary the setlist everytime they play the same venue. The last 2 Canes shows were very different.

Jim

Even Iron Maiden don't remember how to play every song they ever recorded, because there are so many pieces, but knowing their own style and techniques, they could pick specific songs and brush up before some tour, but you got to decide which ones?