Question for tut guys: how to record voice and daw?

ArthurD

Jun 2, 2010
Brasília - Brazil
Tutorial guys, how do you record your voice in your daw and simultaneously demonstrate things in daw?

I mean, is it possible to play, stop, and simultaneously record your explanation (with quality), so you can explain some plugin, or anything else?

:loco: Sorry if I am doin' dumb question, but the only way I figured out how to do this was recording totally separeted, recording the tutorial screen, then record the explanation anf finally edit, what is very time consuming. Just wonder if there is any solution for this.

BTW, I'm on MAC, and Cubase 6 here.

Cheers!

I use ScreenFlow for this on Mac (I also use Cubase), but it is like $100. There are a ton of programs that can do this though for varying prices.

I use ScreenFlow for this on Mac (I also use Cubase), but it is like $100. There are a ton of programs that can do this though for varying prices.

I'll give this one a try, because I was testing with camtasia here, but the audio was so messed up I couldn't use it.

But, is there anyway to record the audio in the daw as show plugins, play, stop??

Plug in a mic and create a track for it, input monitor the track and then just record the audio from your DAW as you otherwise would.

Plug in a mic and create a track for it, input monitor the track and then just record the audio from your DAW as you otherwise would.

The problem here is that I want to use play/stop feature while recording, so I am able to show certain audio parts and how processing affects them.

With ScreenFlow you can record the system audio. How I use my interface is my soundcard for the computer as well. I just set a track in Cubase with a compressor and monitor it, that's for the mic I am talking into. SF records the audio playing in Cubase, and the mic monitor as well of course, in high quality.

The problem here is that I want to use play/stop feature while recording, so I am able to show certain audio parts and how processing affects them.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you just needed to know how to record the voice and had figured some way out to record the system's output. Screenflow seems like your best bet!

Can you consider just opening up a seperate instance of the DAW for your track session? For instance, Reaper has a tabbing/window system - although I've never went too in depth with it so I am unsure whether you could accomplish that. It probably would be best to just use the screen capture software to monitor and record your voicing too, and just avoid using that same input during your demonstration.

Can you consider just opening up a seperate instance of the DAW for your track session? For instance, Reaper has a tabbing/window system - although I've never went too in depth with it so I am unsure whether you could accomplish that. It probably would be best to just use the screen capture software to monitor and record your voicing too, and just avoid using that same input during your demonstration.

Unfortunatley Cubase can just open 1 project at once. I think I am goingo to try open audacity and cubase at the same time. And try the screen recording program's imput (but last time this did crap with the sound).
Cheers!