question on Stratovarius tour

HateWork

Metal Madman
Jan 30, 2005
Winnipeg
there seems to be something fishy happening with the strato/IE tour for the Winnipeg stop on Sept. 30

the show has been annouced for some time, & listed on the Century Media website, as well as posted on blabbermouth, etc. then it was finally added to pollstar...BUT saying strato and KMFDM

the website of the venue is listing it as KMFDM, as well the ads in the paper & the concert section just says "a night of techno metal with KMFDM", with no mention of strato & IE.

now on pollstar, some other band is now listed on the bill as well, some band called acumen nation.

so are these bands actually part of the strato/ie tour or has there been a serious brain fart & two seperate shows booked at the same venue on the same night?

well thankfully now, the problem is solved. pollstar is now listing a different venue for the strato/IE show. the downside is that its in an incredibly crappy area, so i suggest to both bands to have someone guarding the bus/van at all times.

its at the west end cultural center. last time i saw a concert there, there was people hiding & sleeping in the alley by there & some drunk guy was asking every person for money.

that should be an interesting night, with 3 distanct concerts in one night, so it probably won't be a mixed crowd. besides the kmfdm show, there is converge & terror at the collective.

You mean your actually going to pay to see Stratovarious or KMFDM?

Save your money dude. Buy a sack and listen to an Overkill disk or something

i can't stand overkill. awesome music, but bobby blitz should not be allowed with 30 feet of a microphone. thats why i prefer Speed Kill Hate, cuz its Overkill members, but with a different singer.

and yea i'm going to see strato & IE, i wouldn't go to a kmfdm concert if it was free.

Lol, the vocals are great hehe

Enjoy the show dude. Lol good to hear about KMFDM, that stuffs rotten

HateWork said:
i can't stand overkill. awesome music, but bobby blitz should not be allowed with 30 feet of a microphone.

I LOVE Overkill, have for almost 20 years. Because of the music AND because Bobby IS allowed within 30 ft of a microphone. Have you ever seen them live? One of the best live acts still from the thousands I've seen in my life! :headbang:

AngraRULES said:
Saw Overkill with Sonata Arctica opening back in April.... Overkill got owned by Sonata Arctica big time!

Wuss

Overkill is a lot like Slayer in the fact that they are in a league of their own, one of the best bands ever.

I think Overkill is the band if you live a certain lifestyle. The last track on their latest album hits the nail on the head. I know I have never given a fuck :headbang: