Question regarding ND, Gathering, Agalloch tour

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
I know a few years back, before I was into you guys, you did a tour of the states with Agalloch and the Gathering.

Did this gig make a stop in Chicago?

I recall many gigs you guys had played in the past, though I don't recall this one.

Just curious.

Hey, now that the book is done Paul, you need to work on the complete show-o-graphy of NOVEMBERS DOOM!

from 2004:

THE GATHERING have posted the following message at their official website (www.gathering.nl):

“Dear all, We are sad to tell you our US booker didn't get a good deal from Chicago, so we had to scrap this gig. Hope to see you somewhere else in the USA!”

The Gathering will be on tour with AGALLOCH and NOVEMBERS DOOM in February. Confirmed dates now include:

February

12 - Agora - Cleveland, OH
13 - Rockit - Toronto, ON
14 - L’Amour - Brooklyn, NY
15 - The Middle East - Cambridge, MA
16 - 9:30 Club - Washington, DC

yeah, and Lamour's closed down the week before, so it was only 4 shows.

That stinks. I didn't know L'amour's closed down.
Man, I have a ton of old thrash bootlegs from back in the day for shows recorded there.....

Bet it was cool to play the 9:30 Club.
Lots of high profile punk and metal gigs have taken place there over the years.

February 12th at the Agora in Cleveland. I gotta go, I gotta go, I gotta go!!! Back in (I think it was 72-73) I saw "Badfinger" at the Agora. I hope I don't write and seem like an emotional, insane, freak, but I blame it on the residual effects. You know, so I hope people here can understand. But, then it really doesn't matter anyway!! Strap me ,man to a fuckin' RPG and sky me towards Cleveland.

It was a short tour to say the least, but each show was excellent, so that's a good thing. I'd rather do a one week tour where every gig is a success, than do a three week tour with only a few "highlight" gigs that were successful, as I've seen happen to many a good band unfortunately :/

Man, do I need to pay attention or what? Sometimes I'm just too burnt-out. All I saw was the Agora, Feb 12th and got apparently over-excited. I've done this before, and with all due respect, it won't happen again.